Cricut Cake

Decorating By DaphneSUE Updated 28 Dec 2010 , 2:51am by Mickeebabe

DaphneSUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaphneSUE Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 10

So ive seen this infomercial for the Cricut Cake a few times now and was wondering if anyone has one or used one and if they work very good...ive got a regular cricut and i love it...just wondering how it works with sugary food...lol...

9 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 10

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=120103&
This thread should give you some good info

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 10

I have had one since they were released and I love mine. There is a learning curve however; expect to spend a couple of days getting friendly with it.

DaphneSUE Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 10

tiggy2...your link took me to a bed bath and beyond site with a bissel vacuum cleaner...lol...maybe you embedded the wrong link? idk...

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 2:28am
post #6 of 10

I really love mine, it's great for doing letters! It did take some practice to get the settings and thickness of the fondant just right. I usually will roll out my fondant and then give it a while to 'set' and dry out a bit before cutting an that's really helped a lot.

I got the 'Make the Cut' software for Christmas to go with my cricut! Can't wait to try it out icon_biggrin.gif

DaphneSUE Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 5:46am
post #7 of 10

anyone know if it will cut mmf good?

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 6:06am
post #8 of 10

from my experience mmf doesn't cut too well =/ using store bought fondant or nicholas lodge's gumpaste recipe (http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/gumpaste/gp-recipes.htm) yields the best results for me =D hth!

leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 2:41am
post #9 of 10

I haven't had much success with cutting mmf on it, even with adding tylose, it just stretches too much.

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 2:51am
post #10 of 10

I tried my Cricut Cake Mini today for the first time and used MMF and it seemed to work OK. I put it in the freezer for a little bit so maybe that's why it worked.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%