Looking For Fondant Tool To Press Out Small "pencil Sha

Decorating By Primo2 Updated 26 Dec 2010 , 4:44pm by Loucinda

Primo2 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 6

I am new to cake decorating and not sure how to explain, but saw on TV a fondant press that pressed the fondant out in the shape of a "pencil" so it can be put on a cake to look like a swirl or decoration. Does anyone know what I am talking about and what it's called and where to find out?

Jaime icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
sccandwbfan Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 6

Could it have been an extruder? They have discs that are round and you end up with a rope of fondant.

leah_s Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 6

Yep, that's an extruder.

luckylibra Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 6

Which one is the best to get and where? I have been thinking about getting one and figure the after christmas sales might be kind to my wallet.. icon_smile.gif

Primo2 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 4:15pm
post #5 of 6

Is an extruder the same as the sugarcraft gun? I was looking to make rope etc. to put on a cake with fondant. If it is, does anyone have any experience with the sugarcraft vs. the ceramic clay gun?

Loucinda Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 4:44pm
post #6 of 6

I have the Makins Green "T" extruder, and love it. Some Michaels stores carry it. Lots of discs to choose from for using it. It isn't like the SC one - the Makins one is easier on your hands!

Quote by @%username% on %date%