leah_s Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 3:28am
post #1 of 25

Who's up?

And I hope you're not working tonight!

24 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 3:30am
post #2 of 25

Actually, I had to prep a three tier cake that's to be delivered Sunday. And I made cinnamon rolls and caramel rolls (both vegan) for tomorrow morning. Still have three presents to wrap! And the kitchen to clean up at least somewhat.

leah_s Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 3:30am
post #3 of 25

And Happy Holidays - whichever one you celebrate.

leah_s Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 3:41am
post #4 of 25

Hey lurkers. You could at least pop in to say Merry Christmas. hint, hint.

bohemiagetsajob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bohemiagetsajob Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 3:49am
post #5 of 25

Hi Leah. Long time FNCC lurker. I'm just a hobby baker but I baked cookies all morning and afternoon to give away tomorrow. I also made loaves of gingerbread, chocolate covered pretzel rods and cake pops. Happy Holidays All!

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 3:50am
post #6 of 25

Hey Leah, Merry Christmas! Believe it or not I did have a cake for pick up today that was ordered yesterday afternoon! Since I didn't have anything planned I did it but it was a simple 8" coconut cake so it was all good.
Are you having family tomorrow?

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 3:51am
post #7 of 25

Merry Christmas, Leah! Just taking it easy and thought I'd check to see what's going on tonight. Looks like it's going to be a quiet night. See you in the forums next week! HO! HO! HO!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 4:01am
post #8 of 25

I was just checking my emails when I saw this. This weekend we're going to relax!! icon_biggrin.gif Have a great holiday everyone! icon_lol.gif

By the way, is there a cake club next Friday (it's New Year's Eve!) icon_biggrin.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 4:07am
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Merry Christmas! Just had a really nice dinner with my dh, my daughter, her dh and my mother. Christmas Eve is my favorite icon_smile.gif. There's something about all of us here at home in a warm lighted house with good food and the dark and Christmas lights outside that makes me happy.

Earlier in the evening I decorated a cake for our dessert tomorrow with ice cream cone trees and a snowman on top.

Have a great night everyone!

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 4:08am
post #10 of 25

Merry Christmas! Me and the DH have been relaxing all day. Now we're watching A Christmas Story for the second time (of many over the next 24 hours). No more cakes due until New Year's Eve; I have 2 weddings that night. I hope to do some personal baling and some dummy cakes during the downtime.

Jamielc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jamielc Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 4:13am
post #11 of 25

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! No cakes at all for me. I've been baking a cookie storm the last couple of weeks. 15 varieties of cookies. Packaged them all up today to be handed out to friends, family and neighbors over the next couple of days. I hope everyone has a lovely holiday weekend!
~ Jamie

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 4:16am
post #12 of 25

Did one single cake pop today - made some marshmallow pops and cake pops with the kids, but only decorated one of them myself. Frosty the snowman, too much fun! A bunch of "giant" chocolate chip cookies, too. I'll have a cake next week (sadly, a birthday one, no holiday stuff anymore icon_sad.gif ), but that's it for now.

Happy holidays to everybody!!! Thanks for another great year of learning, learning, and more learning!!!

-Emi.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 5:07am
post #13 of 25

I delivered a Martial Arts uniform cake yesterday. Tonight I made 2 pumpkin, 2 pecan, and one banana cream pie. Just made some eggnog and am enjoying that while waiting for the kiddos to climb into bed. The youngest will be 21 next month and Santa still has to come. LOL

Next week I'll be making a cake for my family Christmas gathering. I'm sifting through ideas now.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 5:09am
post #14 of 25

Ooh! I just remembered something. I have a packet of Betty Crocker gingerbread cookie dought mix. Does anyone know how (or if) to use it to make just gingerbread instead of cookies?

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 5:12am
post #15 of 25

Leah_S -

I personally want to take this time to thank you for running these threads every week. Your efforts to keep this club running is not only appreciated at this time of year, but all year long.

Thanks for everything -

Theresa icon_smile.gif

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 5:20am
post #16 of 25

Just popping in to say "hi" and Merry Christmas!

Finally back from the in-laws and making some gift deliveries. Time to get the little peeps to bed so the DH & I can finish all the Santa prep. We have both Christmas brunch w/my fam and Christmas dinner with his here tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a blessed and restful holiday.

Kristy

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 5:24am
post #17 of 25

I too want to thank you for moderating and keeping the Fri nit cake club going. I just finished more christmas ball cupcakes and a gift cake and I am exhausted. I finally have a chance for some quiet time and CC.

Luv Ya! Merry Christmas... or Happy what ever Holiday you celebrate.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 5:41am
post #18 of 25

Merry Christmas all....no cakes this weekend...made mint stixs and making homemade rustic breads to go with soup tomorrow.
It is time to turn in all, or Santa won't come. good night

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 6:05am
post #19 of 25

Merry Christmas everyone!

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 6:44am
post #20 of 25

Yawn! I was working on a 2 tier topsy turvy for Sunday, "playing Santa" and trying to catch up on the mess I made between the cake that was delivered today, the cake I'm working on, all of the wrapping, and just the plain old havoc two littles can cause! I think that i had too much caffeine today b/c I should be down and out but I just can't get there...

Merry Christmas all!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 9:38am
post #21 of 25

daughter and I did our cookie baking (about 700-800 of them) on Tuesday so no baking today for me. I'm working (so to speak) at the hotel Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon, the 11pm to 7am shift, so my challenge will be getting off at 7am, doing my food prep for our christmas lunch, then heading over to see the grandkids at about 10a.m., doing the whole Christmas Day thing, then figuring out how to squeeze in some sleep before reporting back to work christmas night at 11pm. icon_eek.gif But ... it's an easy shift and I get paid to cruise CC! thumbs_up.gif

I made some Rollo Pretzel candies (see photo on my flickr link below), brought some in to the hotel, and set them on the front desk for the guests to enjoy. I figure if people have to travel on christmas, they deserve a special treat!!!!

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 12:01pm
post #22 of 25

Just finished filling the stockings and putting presents under the tree.....

My almost twelve year old daughter and I decorated a two layer poppy seed cake last night. I knew I wanted a tree on the cake but green didn't seem to be the right color. Since my daughter and volunteer at our local aqaurium together I asked her if blue was okay. She loved the idea. I wasn't getting the tree right so she took over. So cute.

I try to make this flavor of cake every year. My grandmother would make it when I was growing up. She told my mom that the poppy seeds absoultly had to be ground. She was right--it makes for amazing flavor.

Leah thanks for hosting this forum and Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

leah_s Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 1:49pm
post #23 of 25

Happy Christmas to all. I obviously skidded out of the thread last night for some down time. Glad to see a couple of newcomers to the FNCC pop in and visit with some regulars as well.

As for next week, NYE, not sure. we generally like to go out for a while but we also like to be home before the drunks get out on the roads.

Our family has gown very small over the years. I have one daughter and she lives close by, so we see her all the time. She's coming over in a few.

Eat cake! Drink eggnog! Let the wrapping paper fly!

ccc407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccc407 Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 2:19pm
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Hi, Merry, Merry Christmas! Hope to join your Friday Cake Club as one of my New Year's resolution. Love this site and all the helpful hints and suggestions. Have learned quite a bit, also loved some of the humor on here. Again, Merry Christmas to all!!

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 10:35pm
post #25 of 25

merry christmas all!! just got back in from my moms and glad to be home but had a wonderful holiday!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%