Air Brush Systems

Decorating By Vanessa7 Updated 27 Dec 2010 , 4:37am by Vanessa7

Vanessa7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanessa7 Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 5

I'm so excited that my hubby got me an air brush system. He really didn't know what kind was the best and neither do I. He bought a Pegasus Professional Air Brush System. Is this a good one? If not, what would be a better brand? Is there one brand of air brush colors that is better than the others? Is there a good DVD out there that could help me learn to air brush? So many questions but way too excited to get rolling with my first air brushed project!!!! I really appreciate your input. icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Vanessa7 Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 4:49am
post #2 of 5

Any air brush experts out there?

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 5

Try the library and search for airbrushing books. Although their books aren't about cakes but the info contained in them can translate to caking!!

beesweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beesweetcakes Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 4:21am
post #4 of 5

I received an airbrush system for Christmas as well. Just went to turn it on and it quit working as soon as it was turned on. So bummed. So, I'm afraid, I don't have any advice for you. Sorry! icon_sad.gif

Vanessa7 Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 4:37am
post #5 of 5

I've done some researching and have found there are NO books at the bookstore on airbrushing on cakes. Gonna research some more youtube videos but didn't see too much out there initially. icon_confused.gif However, I did find "The Joy of Airbrushing on Cakes" by Carole Faxon for a decent price on Sugarcraft's site as well as a kit of starter colors. Hate to pay their shipping fees but can't wait until they get here. Carole Faxon is suppose to be pretty good and has another book as well. Thought I'd wait until I get the first book to see if the second one was worth it. I'll let you know what I find out.

Beesweetcakes, sorry your system stopped working. Hopefully it was just a lemon and you can return it for one that works. Made me go plug mine in though since I hadn't even tried the motor out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%