Here's A Chuckle For You

Decorating By Ballymena Updated 25 Dec 2010 , 3:15am by tmac670

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 9

I just got a phone call from my grandaughter who lives 12 hours away not counting the ferry ride. She will be 9 on the end of Jan. and they are coming to our house for her birthday. She ordered her cake...here goes...

She wants a barbie doll cake like the photo she sent me which has a pic. of an old fashioned dress except the dress should be pink with blue ruffles, not the color shown. She is mailing me her Barbie and Ken dolls because she wants them used and not legless doll pics.

The Ken doll is to be dressed in icing and chopping wood for a fire which will be nearby. In the background there should be a white house with a brown door and a roof made of mini shredded wheat, a chimney with smoke coming out. There should also be a pile of wood beside Ken, also some trees around the yard.

This is all supposed to be on a big slab cake so it's like real (her words). There will be 6 of us at the birthday. Gotta love those grandkids. I guess I'm just glad she thinks I'm a miracle worker. Now, how do I tactfully get her to downsize?

8 replies
cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 9

Wow!!! I say give the grandbaby what she wants. I love all the details. Maybe you could do some of it in dummies?

debbek152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbek152 Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 9

GOOD LUCK GRANDMA!!! icon_biggrin.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 11:47pm
post #4 of 9

My ideas:
Large fondant-covered bread board instead of big slab cake.
Barbie cake as requested, Ken dressed in fondant, house cake on individual boards. ( Jen80 has a nice small-sized house cake.)
Pretzel rods for trees, pile of wood, and fire. Fire could be a tealight surrounded with the pretzel rods.

Cut the Barbie cake, and send the house home with her.

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 9

I'm thinking that someone that creative, with such an eye for detail, should be involved in making the actual cake.

If she has her hands in it, she'll think it's just perfect!

Good Luck with that! icon_wink.gif

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 12:10am
post #6 of 9

Adorable!! I love that she is sending you her Barbie & Ken to use! icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 12:13am
post #7 of 9

So you'll have leftover cake. There's just not a downside to that! "Breakfast of Champions."

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 1:38am
post #8 of 9

In their eyes you are a miracle worker. I can see by your photos that you really are....beautiful cakes. Maybe you can have her help you once she gets there. Kids always love to help. and a great way to spend some extra quality time with them. Have fun and post pictures...

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 3:15am
post #9 of 9

You could make the house out of gingerbread.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%