Help Fix Chunky Ganache Filling

Baking By dualmami Updated 24 Dec 2010 , 9:47am by dualmami

dualmami Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 6:42am
post #1 of 6

I made a white chocolate ganache filling and added Evan Williams egg nog to it. I ended adding more chocolate chips to it and also more eggnog than 1 tblsp. I left it cool and I tastes great. It never did get thick I mixed some whipping cream into it and then whipped it. Now it's chunky and separated from the liquid a lil. It tastes so good I don't want to waste it. Please help is there is any saving it.

5 replies
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 7:08am
post #2 of 6

Try reheating very slowly, stirring constantly. but not fast.

This needs to be done over very low heat in a very heavy pan or a double boiler setup ( the water should just be under a simmer).

You probably broke the emulsion when you added the whipping cream and the eggnog.

If that doesn't work, you have a great ice cream topping this year!

dualmami Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 7:38am
post #3 of 6

well i did reheat it on low heat and stirred it up.... and it is no longer chunky but just runny. as it is cooling on the counter i see parts of it thickening. is there anything else I can do cause I have a cake that is ready to be filled. What if i mixed cream cheese into it to thicken it up?

robbemorka Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 8:20am
post #4 of 6

No creamcheese! It will get chunky again!
If you want it thicker, you need to add more melted chocolate. Not too hot, though.

dualmami Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 8:41am
post #5 of 6

ok good to know...... I have some more white chocolate so i will try that. Thanks guys..... I wanted the white ganache for the bottom chocolate layer but it will now be going on the 2nd tier on a white cake. back to work I go lol

dualmami Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 9:47am
post #6 of 6

so i melted all the white chocolate i have left and it is still runny. Is the only answer more white chocolate cause it's pretty sweet now? and should i leave it out overnight or put it in the fridge?

Quote by @%username% on %date%