Christmas Baking :)

Lounge By fuchica2007 Updated 25 Dec 2010 , 2:17am by cheatize

fuchica2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fuchica2007 Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 8

Hey guys! I know a lot of us will be baking today and tomorrow for family events. Thought it would be fun to post what we'll be making, in case anyone needs some ideas of what they can make too.

I think I'm crazy, but I want to make 7 different desserts (going to several different houses this weekend). Snickerdoodle cookies, red velvet cupcakes, carrot cake, wreath cookies, chocolate chip cookies, snowflake tortillas and pretxels topped with a hershey kiss and an m&m.

It's going to be alaong night... lol

7 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 8

i've been baking all month for orders and have to start baking today for family things. On the list this year are

chocolate chip cookies
oatmeal cookies
oatmeal raisen cookies
M&M cookies
peanut butter cookies
peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
Snickerdoodle cookies
Chocolate crinkles
Sugar cookies (drop and decorated)
Dipped pretzels
homemade caramel
Peppermint bark
brownies
rice crispy treats

And that is just the sweets.... still have sides and stuff to make for meals too.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 8

Wow...you guys make me tired! I did make around 12 dozen decorated sugar 'n' spice cookies last weekend to ship to my out of town people. I used letter cutters and spelled Merry Christmas along with stockings, mittens, wreaths and trees.

Cutting back for us this year. For dessert Christmas Eve I'm making chocolate marbled cheesecake and chocolate truffle cake with raspberry sauce (I recommended it to someone looking for a dessert idea and gave myself the idea icon_lol.gif ) and for Christmas day a simply decorated Italian Cream cake (I made it for my work party last week and it was AMAZINGLY delicious).

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 8

For Christmas eve I am making a Tiramisu Cheesecake. For Christmas Day a Chocolate Meringue Pie and possibly a pecan pie, or apple hand pies.

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 12:16am
post #5 of 8

I am making four pies, two pumpkin, an apple and a pecan. Then I have my cookies that I make and give to my family as gifts. I always do the same ones every year. Chocolate Crinkles, Spritz, Pecan Crispies, Snickerdoodles, Molasses Cookies and Mexican Wedding Cakes. If I manage to finish all these by tomorrow I am going to make a huge platter of brownies for my guy.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 12:28am
post #6 of 8

Buckeyes, fudge, peanut butter fudge, Spritz, decorated sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, and a pumpkin roll are all in the freezer. The galletes and stained glass candy are in ziploc bags. All I have to do tomorrow are the pies: pumpkin, pecan, and mince. I think that's everything.

I spent today making a cake for someone and I have loads of wrapping to do tonight.

I'm hoping I remember to thaw the ham tomorrow.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 9:26pm
post #7 of 8

I always get stuck with desserts, but that's what I love to make.
On this year's list:
Jam Cake
Stack Pies
Orange Juice cake
Mincemeat pie
Pecan Cake
Pecan Pie Bars
some sugar cookies for the little ones
and a chocolate Birthday Cake for Baby Jesus.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 2:17am
post #8 of 8

The ham is thawed and the pies are baked. I even threw in a banana cream pie this year. The eggs are separated and await nogging. Let the festivities begin!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%