Trash To Treasure

Lounge By cabecakes Updated 27 Dec 2010 , 1:25am by campayven

cabecakes Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 6

I was just reading a post about impulse buying when this came to me, so I thought I would share it and see what all of you thought about it. You know how often times we buy things and then decide later...WHY would I buy that or I really just don't like this thing. Isn't to bad that we don't have a sort of trading post or garage sale spot here where we can get rid of those types of things. I'm not talking about ripping someone off with something we don't like, but sometimes something I don't like someone else dearly loves. If we had a place on here we could trade or sell our unwanted items, wouldn't that be great. I know I for one might not be able to pay full price for something to buy it brand new, but if someone else is tired of it and wants to get rid of their caking items...where better to sell them. I realize that CC would have to be released from any responsibilities of transactions between two of its members, but it would be nice to have a place to post our unwanted items. What do you all think?

5 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 6

Didn't someone create a website like this a couple of years ago? Or was it a tab in another forum?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cheatize Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 12:30am
post #3 of 6

Someone on here created a facebook page for just this very thing.

cabecakes Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 6

Oh, I would love to have their Facebook info...does anyone know their Facebook page?

Elcee Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 6
Originally Posted by cabecakes

Oh, I would love to have their Facebook info...does anyone know their Facebook page?

It's All things cake classified.

I'd be really careful, though, because cc members or not you still don't know with whom you're dealing.

campayven Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 1:25am
post #6 of 6

I agree you should be careful. However- you have to pay through paypal. So if you have an issue you can open a dispute through paypal. And they always seem to side in your favor and you get your money back. I am on many facebook pages that resell childrens. Clothes. I have had great success and buying and selling. However- you do deal with one bad apple. But the admin of those pages are great and paypal will back you on your purchase.

Quote by @%username% on %date%