Cake Flavors

Baking By Traci9130 Updated 28 Dec 2010 , 6:46am by ConfectionsCC

Traci9130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Traci9130 Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 1:58am
post #1 of 6

Hi. My daughter's first birthday is coming up, and it is a candy themed party. I was thinking of doing the Almond Joy cake for the first tier, but knowing that I do not have fans of coconut, I am trying to think of a candy flavored cake that I can do. Please keep in mind that peanut butter is out, unless I can use a substitue, because my 4-year-old is allergic to peanuts icon_sad.gif . For Christmas I am making a Peppermint Patty cake, so I am also thinking that that might not work, but I might just do that. Any ideas and recipies would be appreciated. Thanks....

5 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 3:21am
post #2 of 6

Lorann oils makes a bubble gum flavor.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Traci9130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Traci9130 Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 2:11am
post #3 of 6

Really? Did you ever try it? I assume that you would use a WASA cake, but what filling????

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 2:19am
post #4 of 6

I use Lorann oils all the time and they are great.

I havent used the bubblegum as of yet but I have tried the grape, water mellon, banana cream, raspberry, strawberry, mint, peach, buttered rum and cranberry as well as the winter green and peppermint.

My personal favorite is the grape and have use it to flavor fondant, cookies, cake balls and cake.

Let your imagination fly with it and have some fun, your will be suprised at what you could come up with.

HTH

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 6:24am
post #5 of 6

I've only used it to make lollipops.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 6:46am
post #6 of 6

Not sure what heath bars have in them, but I know I had some heath bar cookies that WERE TO DIE FOR!!!! I would make a chocolate cake and add that to the buttercream, or bake the crushed heath bars right into a cake and try it out like chocolate chips...not sure never done it. Good luck finding something! I think this post just inspired some new recipes of my own to try out icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%