Does Anyone Own The Frieling Cake Slicer?

Decorating By cake_architect Updated 23 Dec 2010 , 4:40am by cakegirl1973

cake_architect Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 12:11am
post #1 of 8

i saw this slicer on a recent mini-vacation at a kitchen shop and was really curious, but decided to come home and do some research before making an impulse buy. it looks pretty cool, but does anyone have any hands on experience with it?

here's a link detailing it a bit more, if you don't know what it is:

7 replies
Kellbella Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 3:10am
post #2 of 8

Never seen this before icon_eek.gif , it looks time consuming and is somewhat limited to the size of cake it will fit. I love my Agbay..easy..versatile and worth the money. icon_cool.gif

tiggy2 Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 3:22am
post #3 of 8

It won't handle a very large cake. I'm holding out for an agbay.

Auntie_RaRa Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 3:50am
post #4 of 8

I thought the same thing...holding out for agbay.

Ruth0209 Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 4:08am
post #5 of 8

I can't afford an Agbay, but I've heard decent reviews about the Fat Daddio cake leveler that works like an Agbay and it's only about $50 so it's close to the price of this item. This one does look pretty limited to me in terms of size of cake it will accommodate.

Here's the Fat Daddio:'s

cake_architect Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 4:28am
post #6 of 8

that's what i was thinking too, thanks so much for ya'lls replies! agbay wasn't on my christmas list so i guess i'll have to wait until valentines day =D

cake_architect Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 4:33am
post #7 of 8

oh wow i had never seen fat daddio's version! that one looks like it'll be good for now =D

cakegirl1973 Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 4:40am
post #8 of 8
Originally Posted by tiggy2

It won't handle a very large cake. I'm holding out for an agbay.

Ditto! For now, I am using a large knife with the cake in the pan, which is a total PITA. All the research I have done points toward me saving my pennies for an Agbay.

Quote by @%username% on %date%