Christmas Gift Of Hope

Lounge By chasenboomsmom Updated 24 Dec 2010 , 11:16pm by debbek152

chasenboomsmom Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 7

ok, so i wanted to share this experience because it truely touched my heart and really gave me some holiday cheer...
i have a 2 year old son. at 13m my son was not walking but everything else with him seemed on point. he was cruising couches and very close to walking but not quite there. at that point i called ped dr and got in touch with physical therapy. about 2.5 mths later ther was no improvement with him, in fact he actually seemed to be regressing. we went to see a neurologist. at the appt they had sent us straight to children's hospital. we went through many tests and had no real answers. the only thing we were told is that he had a nuromuscular disease or disorder and that we had to wait 4-6 weeks for genetic testing to come back.as we were being discharged one of the many drs that were helping us had
'leaked" out that they were leaning towards for a disease called spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)..so i went home and looked it up. i wa devistated that this was also called the waste away disease where everything slowly shuts down and is fatal...for weeks that felt like months i had to wait and watch my son get weaker and weaker..the test came back negative which was a little relief but we still had no real answers..my son had regressed completely back down to an infant in all his gross motor skills. and we still continued with more testing and physical therapy. this entire time i was a mess...having a hard time going to work ..keeping a thought..im sure everyone could imagine...well my son has just turned 2 this december...i have prayed everynioght to make him a little stronger, have kept all of my hopes hard, kept every appt fopr therapy and have done everything to work hard for myu son...and he sure has too..my son in 7 months time , can now sit on his own, roll over, skoot on his bum, and is starting to bear weight in his legs well enough to take steps with help of a walker!!! i am so proud of him. we still have no answers but i am ok with that because we are continuing to work hard and see him improving (and smiling) everyday

well this is the part i wanted to share...i work at a corporate restaurant chain, i have worked there for 10 years and a lot of my coworkers have been there for as long also...on monday at work we were exchanging christmas cards and i received one and smiled said thanks and didnt think anything of it... my friend that had given me the card card said open it please? and i looked in question as i seen a crowd grow..i opened the card and these were the words that she said..."angie we all collected money for you and your family, we are all so proud of you and how you have worked so hard for your son and stayed so positive..this year has been so incredibly tough on youand your family and we would like totry to make this a jumpstart to a happier year...hope 2011 treats you well"

I BAWLED MY EYES OUT!!! I COULDNT BELIEVE THAT MY COWORKERS/FRIENDS COULD BE SO INCREDIBLY GENEROUS LOVING AND THOUGHTFUL!!
the company i work for matched dollar for dollars the money that my coworkers had gathered for me, this was truely such a blessing this holiday for my family, not so much the money but just knowing that i am surrounded by such wonderful people!
i still cannot believe that this has happened to me and i just think once again how blessed i really am in a number of ways
have a wonderful holiday everyone! take note of all the joys you have in your life and look less at all the struggles, you are as strong as you try to be

6 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 12:33am
post #2 of 7

God Bless Them, Every One!

Three cheers for you, your family, for staying strong during this, and big hugs from me to all your Angel Co-Workers!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Elcee Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 12:49am
post #3 of 7

You must be a wonderful person to have inspired such generosity from your co-workers. What a great story; thanks for sharing icon_smile.gif. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

chasenboomsmom Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 4:45am
post #4 of 7

thankyou to you both...i appreciate your kind words, thoughts and prayers

cabecakes Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 9:33am
post #5 of 7

In a world where we are surrounded by so much negativity, this is a breath of fresh air. There are still good people who like to do good things. I am so glad that you posted this story. I think we all need to remember to "pay it forward" so to speak. Sometimes a little show of care or courtesy can spark another person to do the same. Let's all try to remember to try and light that spark throughout the coming year.

Kellbella Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 8:57pm
post #6 of 7

What a wonderful story and I pray for continued improvements for your little one icon_smile.gif

debbek152 Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 11:16pm
post #7 of 7

This is truly a Christmas miracle! You and your family are in my prayers and God Bless your wonderful co-workers and employer! They are truly angels! Have a wonderful holiday and a happy and healthy New Year. Bless you and your family.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%