How To Transport? Need Help Before Friday!!

Decorating By rkei Updated 22 Dec 2010 , 6:04pm by rkei

rkei Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 4

I am making 2 gingerbread shaped cake/cookie dealy things for my cousins. I didn't think to buy cake boxes, and I need to know how to make something that will work?

I won't be able to even buy boxes until the day after christmas, and these are christmas presents, and I kind of wanted them to be in boxes so I could wrap them.

The gingerbread boys aren't very thick. I guess they are more of a cookie. about 3/4 in. thick, maybe a little more or less.

Mom said I should just wrap them really tightly in saran wrap or tinfoil, but that will ruin the decorations, right? Or maybe I am wrong.

Anyways, I just really wanted to have these in a box, that way they won't break or anything also, and I can hold them on my lap, I'm traveling 100 miles to spend the day with my cousins/aunt/uncle.

Can I make something? Thanks for your help!!!

3 replies
NanaSandy Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 4

How about using one of those boxes they use to put shirts/clothes in? Depending on how big they are, it might work. You should be able to buy those at any of the dollar stores. Then scrunch up some wax paper around them to keep them from moving around in the box. Just a thought?

brincess_b Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 4

pizza boxes icon_smile.gif are all the cookies flat (or that 3/4 inch flat anyway)? if so, perfect solution. (you might get to scrounge one for free, you might just have to buy pizza! and think of their puzzled faces too)
any cardboard lying round the house could be sellotaped into submission, metal sweetie tins - i collect for such emergencies! your post office might have boxes for mailing that are very sturdy, your suppermarket might have a card board boxes box you can take too.
as for the decoration surviving, it depends what they are made off - once dry, royal icing is pretty solid, as is chocolate.

rkei Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 6:04pm
post #4 of 4

Okay, so the little town I live in has a Family Dollar. Will check there. We also have a ton of cardboard boxes. I'm thinking about trimming them so they are flatter/thinner, and then making a lid. Keep up with the suggestions, though, please! THanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%