Any Tips For Making Dodge Challenger Cake?

Decorating By Mikail Updated 30 Dec 2010 , 3:32pm by Mikail

Mikail Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 3

I've been asked to make a Dodge - Challenger cake. I was thinking of making a 10-inch with a 6-inch length of the car as a topper but now am wondering if I should just have the car itself as a cake. Problem is I've never tried this. As a topper, was thinking of using RKT and carving it. Any tips or tutorials I can look into? I honestly don't know where to start or how to approach this.

2 replies
aundron Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 3

Did the customer request the Dodge Challenger as the topper or does she want the actual cake shaped like the Challenger?

Mikail Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your reply - have been super busy to check! Customer wasn't particular just as long as the car was there. I decided to go ahead and make it as a topper! I copied the side outline of the car and basically carved the shape. Have my fingers crossed! I will work on it tomorrow (just incase things screw up) although the cake is due Saturday. I've made the wheels from gumpaste so they can harden by then. Am mortified at this point... I've never done this before. Any tips/pointers will be greatly appreciated icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%