Cookie Scooper

Baking By SueW Updated 29 Dec 2010 , 4:04am by Lcubed82

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 4

Hi All,

I want to order a cookie dough scoop ( like the ice cream scoopers) but I am so confused as to what size I need. I just want to make an average size chocolate chip cookie. Some sites measaure in oz. some give a size # like size 6. please help!

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 4

http://www.broadwaypanhandler.com/broadway/product.asp?s_id=0&pf_id=vollrath_disher

I have this scoop and I think it is considered a #6 scoop. I bought it at GFS for about $6.00 and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! I have several scoops of theirs, there is a yellow handled one that is the absolute PERFECT size for cupcakes too.

I have a huge scoop too (holds 2 cups I think) that I use to scoop out my cake batter (I have written down how many scoops of batter each of my pans take, so much easier than just praying the cakes will rise enough lol)

This scoop gives you a good sized cookie, it's a 3/4 oz. scoop and hold almost a perfect tablespoon if that helps you at all. When I scoop choc. chip cookies with it, I get about a 3-4" round cookie when I'm done. I scoop and bake and they stay nice and thick (since the dough is mounded) by the time they're done....so yummy!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 3:13pm
post #3 of 4

If you can buy them with a size number, I used a #24 scoop. It is about 1" deep and about 1.5 to 2" across the opening. I can't find these in traditional retail stores .... I have to drive about an hour to a kitchen gourmet shop to find them. They give me a cookie that is about 3-4" across, depending on the recipe's spreadability factor. This is the scoop I used for cookies made out of my shop.

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 4:04am
post #4 of 4

I use the Pampered chef scoops. 1Tbsp, 2T and 3T. The 1T makes a nice cookie (2"). the 2T makes a large cookie. 3T makes jumbo cookie. 3T is also great size for scooping batter into cupcake pans.

I found some scoops at Wmart last year by Oneida. They were sized the same as PC, cost less. I gave them to my daughters for Christmas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%