How Do I Make Large Tilted Tiers Above Small Tilted Tiers?

Decorating By Crazy-Gray Updated 22 Dec 2010 , 3:49pm by bobwonderbuns

Crazy-Gray Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 9:09am
post #1 of 4

Hi there I'm trying to make an upside down topsy-turvey cake with the smallest tier on the bottom and the largest on top, ambitious maybe.... I'm struggling though with how to secure a larger tier tilted above a smaller tier; like in this amazing cake of boween's:

I've tried with tiers on their own thin cake boards cut with slanted tops and then an array of different height posts within each to support the next layer, but the weight of the next layer makes it slip and a hammered in central post is gradually pulled sideways through the bottom layer icon_sad.gif

3 replies
Crazy-Gray Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 4

I found a likely solution in the following post;

I think I'll have to swap plate sizes about and securely attach the lowermost plate to something big and sturdy, I'll probably have to assemble this on site too as top heavy doesn't travel well does it!

cupadeecakes Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 4

I just posted a cake that sounds similar to what you are describing and I had the same dilemma with how to put a lot of cake on top of a little cake.

I had my brother, a woodworker, build me a custom stand with adjustable supports. I will try to link a pic of it so you can see the magic behind the curtain. HTH!

bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 4

I like that picture!! Great idea!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%