Play-Doh Cake Makin' Station

Lounge By Kaytecake Updated 21 Dec 2010 , 2:37pm by Kaytecake

Kaytecake Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 1:58am
post #1 of 7

I bought this for my grandkids for Christmas and I can't wait to play with them making play-doh cakes. You can stack, mold, and pipe "frosting". I don't know if this is a new addition to the play-doh line or not, but I had to get it when I saw it. If they show enough interest, maybe I can get them started with fondant later. icon_smile.gif

6 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 3:05am
post #2 of 7

I've got news for you -

Some people have them in their kitchen for making cake decorations.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

adventuregal Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 7:03am
post #3 of 7

thats so awesome! I should get one for my niece icon_smile.gif

Kaytecake Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 7:39am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

I've got news for you -

Some people have them in their kitchen for making cake decorations.

Theresa icon_smile.gif




Hmmm I'll have to check this out when they open it. I might have to buy a spare set to play with. icon_biggrin.gif

Kaytecake Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 7:46am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregal

thats so awesome! I should get one for my niece icon_smile.gif




I bought it at WallyWorld back in October. It wasn't expensive and I knew that they would love to make cakes like grandma. I tried letting them play with fondant but they tend to eat the fondant rather than work with it.
They know better than to eat play-doh.

myslady Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 9:04am
post #6 of 7

I don't think it's just because they know better than to eat play-doh. I think it's because they know play-doh tastes salty.

Kaytecake Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 2:37pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by myslady

I don't think it's just because they know better than to eat play-doh. I think it's because they know play-doh tastes salty.




Yes, it only takes one time to find that out. I remember a childhood friend who actually liked the stuff. icon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%