Cupcake Bouquet And Cupcakes Falling Apart! Grrrrrr

Baking By PaulaPea Updated 21 Dec 2010 , 2:41am by steffiessweet_sin_sations

PaulaPea Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 7

I've made a few cupcake bouquets, and this has happened to me more than once. The bouquet is made and the cupcakes fall out of their liners! Very frustrating...these are standard cake mixes (Pillsbury if it matters) and the cupcakes are cooled for over 4 hours...suggestions?

6 replies
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 7

i have made them with and without cups, did u use the clear cups and put the cupcakes in those? depending on the type of cake i use sometimes i use them, if its a sturdy cake then i just use toothpicks.

sillywabbitz Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 7

What brand of liners are you using. I found cheapie liners always peeled off and made my cupcake bouquets a mess. I also found I only do bouquets with mini cupcakes, gravity is kinder to me this way and I can fit so many on a form, they just look so cute. That was my executive decision for cupcake bouquets, if you want one, mini's are it. I have never used the little plastic cups to help hold them in but I can see how it would be a good idea. I also made sure the toothpick runs pretty far into the cupcake. Almost to the icing.

steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 7

silly yes i agree minis are the way to go! my toothpicks also go to the tip and sometimes i use more than 1.

PaulaPea Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 7

Steph, what are these cups that you are talking about..sounds like just the thing I need!
Sillywabbitz (love your name btw!), I ended up doing just that...going mini and jamming that toothpick out there...I was under a deadline! ugh!
Thanks so much for the suggestions!

PaulaPea Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 9:22pm
post #6 of 7

Steph, I found that cup tutorial by Khalsted (sp?)...thanks so much...I think that is what I've been looking for!

steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 2:41am
post #7 of 7

yup thats the one!!!! works great too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%