I Want To Cry!!

Decorating By MommaDukes Updated 21 Dec 2010 , 4:24am by adventuregal

MommaDukes Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 5

I am on a roll this morning already have 3 9" layers out of the ovens, 1 8" and 6" baking away, mixing up my pound cake> OH YES LIFE IS GOOD. I sift my cake flour then measure out 3 cups. WELL DUH, I'm just a pouring my cake flour into the mixing bowl, thinking boy this is a little dry, oh well must be that I'm using cream cheese and not sour cream. OH CRAP I did not meaure out my 3 cups of cake flour. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
I have no idea how much cake flour I have in my bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

4 replies
3GCakes Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 5

Do you know what the other ingredients weigh, and how much your bowl weighs? Can you give the whole thing a weigh-in and maybe help you figure out how much is flour.

Or how much did you sift? Is it a new box? How much is left?

I know how you feel!! I forgot to add the extra sugar and flour to a 5x recipe of Wasc the other week. I forgot until I had just put them in the oven, and had to take them out and dump back in the mixer and get the other 10 cups of dry ingredients in!

JanH Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 5

Since I switched to prepping all my ingredients before I started mixing ingredients - I've never had that happen.

That way you're not distracted when mixing... So that you mismeasure or overlook any ingredients; they're all premeasured, neatly lined up and ready to go.

MommaDukes Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 7:39pm
post #4 of 5

OH IT GETS WORSE!! I put another cup of flour in the mix added a little whole milk since it was a little dry and threw it in the oven set the timer and said this will be ours if it flops. Batter tasted good and looked good.
On to the next project, when my daughter calls me from work, MOM my eye is almost swollen shut and really hurts. OK I called the dr. they said have her be here at 11:00 this was 10:15 and my cake was in the oven.
No problem she can drive herself she's a big girl. She's 30 mins away from home then another 10 to dr. gonna be close for her.
She gets home MOM I can't see to drive, but my cake is still in the oven and has 9 minutes left.
I turn off the oven and leave!!!
The Lord must have been smiling on me after everything else, when I get home 1.50 hours later my cake had settled but no problem still looks good it's done and tastes fine. I have a few more grey hairs and a cake to eat and another in the oven to replace the one I had to taste.
The joys of baking. icon_confused.gif

adventuregal Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 4:24am
post #5 of 5

I hate it when that happens :/

Quote by @%username% on %date%