Butter Recipe Cake Vs White Cake?

Decorating By sweetmonkeycheese Updated 20 Dec 2010 , 5:18pm by brincess_b

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 1:54pm
post #1 of 4

so I think I am more of a butter cake person, I love the idea of how you can turn white cake into just about any flavor of cake (although to me the flavor is so mild) I am wondering do ya think you can do the same w/ butter recipe cake?

is there any flavor combos ya think just would not work!

I was gonna make a chocolate kahlua cake, but some stuff I have been reading says it's hard to taste the Kahula b/c chocolate already has such a strong flavor, I was thinking about adding it to white, cake but I dont have any white cake mix on hand, what about the butter cake mix? ( have the butter cake on hand)

3 replies
Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 4

Never tried that one but butter cake is very strong and delicious!!!! im not sure it would work. Won't know until you try it and see if you like it. Chocolate Kaluha DELICIOUS one of my favorites. Good Luck!

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 4

I have a box of devil's food cake (my other fav) I might just add the Kaluha to that one, it's for a work party so I am not sure how much experimentation I wanna do.

In the future though I think I gotta start trying more butter cake, I have made a few cakes using white cake mix, plus stuff (coconut, or white chocolate, ect) and it's good, but it always comes out just a lil less umm something than I want. I think I like a stronger flavor in my base cake, an dthen layer in the extra flavor.

***ok 2nd question.. filling and frosting a kaluha and cream cheese something or a chocolate and kahlua buttercream frosting?

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 4

i use a victoria sponge, which is what i guess you could call a butter sponge. very, very easy to add flavours and stuff to.
you might get on better making a sugar syrup with the alcohol or flavouring of your choice, and brushing it over the cake.
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%