Fondarific White Vs. Wedding White

Decorating By SecretAgentCakeBaker Updated 21 Mar 2012 , 5:51pm by Bridgette1129

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 3:54am
post #1 of 9

I am considering ordering some Fondarific fondant. I have never used it before. What is the difference between white and the wedding white? I cannot find anything on their website regarding this. I am making a snowflake cake, so I need a true white, not ivory.

Thank you!

8 replies
FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 9

You can order a sample pack, 5 samples for $6, http://shop.fondarific.com/category.sc?categoryId=5 . I just ordered mine last week and haven't received it yet, but when I do, I'll update with the comparison, I ordered both Wedding White & white.

sherry_lyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherry_lyn Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 9

White is slightly off white, wedding white is white white. The only time you REALLY notice a difference is if they are side by side. If you haven't ordered yet & want WHITE, I would just order the wedding white.

txdiann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txdiann Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 9

If you want a stark white, order the white. The wedding white is a little bit off white, but definitely not ivory.

sherry_lyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherry_lyn Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdiann

If you want a stark white, order the white. The wedding white is a little bit off white, but definitely not ivory.

Diann you've got them mixed up, the wedding white it the very white one. My local store carries them both & it's definitely the wedding white that is very white & the "regular" white that is slightly off white.

genevieveyum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
genevieveyum Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 3:25pm
post #6 of 9

I agree with above- go with wedding white. Just to add- I think that Fondarific is by far the best tasting of the pre-made fondants. I just wish it wasn't so expensive!!!

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you. I was confused because the label on the wedding white looks sort of ivory and the label on the white just looks white.

Most other products, though, when it is for wedding, it is usually a white white.

Thanks!

Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 21 Mar 2012 , 2:46am
post #8 of 9

I just got my fondarific wedding white and it is basically ivory. My satin ice is WHITE like the tub but the wedding white isn't... is that how it's supposed to be?

Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 21 Mar 2012 , 5:51pm
post #9 of 9

Anyone? icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%