Ganache That Isn't Chocolate?

Decorating By lesgateaux Updated 27 Dec 2010 , 4:17pm by lesgateaux

lesgateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lesgateaux Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 1:42am
post #1 of 7

I have to make a leaning tower of pisa cake in a couple of weeks... my plan was to make 6 in rounds, stacking and doweling them as we go, attached to a ply wood base... I want to use a ganache before covering in fondant to prevent the cake from sliding, since it will be at an angle. However, the customer wants a white cake-- Is there any ganache that would complement this cake better than chocolate? or is there some kind of other icing that would have the same effect to kind of "lock" the cake in there as ganache does?

I hope that question makes sense... icon_smile.gif

6 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 1:55am
post #2 of 7

I,m sorry, but are you asking if there is white chocolate ganache. If so, yes, is the answer. here is a link on ganache from rylan on this site.
http://www.artandappetite.com/2009/11/ganache-instead-of-buttercream/

Lizzard1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzard1 Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:15am
post #3 of 7

Hi, as far as other types of ganache there is only chocolate and white chocolate. I think if you use white chocolate that would work very well. At least thats what I would do icon_smile.gif hth!!

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 3:15am
post #4 of 7

White cake with chocolate ganach is nummy too. I just made one for my daughter's birthday and it was really good. But yes, you can make ganache out of white chocolate too. It is a 3:1 ratio rather than 2:1. HTH

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 5:15am
post #5 of 7

so you mean you want a ganache that isn't brown, right? icon_confused.gif Not necessarily that isn't "chocolate"?

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 6:38am
post #6 of 7

White chocolate ganache is actually a yellowy cream colour, so if you want a truer white, you will need to add titanium dioxide to your ganache.

HTH!

lesgateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lesgateaux Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 4:17pm
post #7 of 7

thanks for all the replies...
i was just wondering what my options were, i had thought of using white chocolate but i also just wanted to know if there were any other things out there that could offer the same support that ganache does. icon_smile.gif
i will probably just end up using white chocolate.
thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%