Candy Cane Cupcake Cake Help!

Baking By xTiffanyx Updated 22 Dec 2010 , 6:58pm by deedee1120

xTiffanyx Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 9:17pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone!

Ihave a request for a candy cane cupcake cake.... The request is red velvet with cream cheese frosting. I don't really make cakes, only cupcakes so she suggested maybe a cupcake cake. I've never made one, so I'm assuming a cupcake pull apart cake. Tips on doing a pull apart would be helpful... Does anyone have any suggestions?? A few pictures would also be greatly appreciated if possible!!

Happy holidays!!

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 10:24pm
post #2 of 7

Very easy to do so don't fret....Make and bake cupcakes as usual only flatten them with a cutting board or something heavy right out of the oven for about 10 seconds.Lay them out on your board so you can decide what shape(In your case a candy cane)...Glue the bottoms of each cupcake with a dab of icing and replace where you had it.Now take the wilton large icer tip and ice the entire top and smooth.Decorate as usual...Check out my photos as I have done tons of them....

xTiffanyx Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 5:06am
post #3 of 7

Thank you!!! LOve your photos!! But now she wants a Santa hat one so any cute easy ideas on that & photos if any would be appreciated! Thank you!!

deedee1120 Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 7

What is the best frosting to use for a cupcake pull apart cake?

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 6:49pm
post #5 of 7

I use WBH for all my cakes..It is a soft whipped bakery icing that does not crust.Recipe is in the recipe section under WBH.

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 7

I use WBH for all my cakes..It is a soft whipped bakery icing that does not crust.Recipe is in the recipe section under WBH.

deedee1120 Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 6:58pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Kiddiekakes Is it typical to use a non-crusting buttercream for the pull apart cakes?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%