Mounds Bars Made With Karo Syrup?

Sugar Work By lizzard14 Updated 21 Dec 2010 , 6:15am by sweetreasures

lizzard14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzard14 Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 4:35am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a coconut mounds bar recipe that you make with karo syrup? I made these one year and they were awsome but now I can't find my recipe. They tasted just like the real thing. Thanks in advance icon_wink.gif

4 replies
sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 5

I've been wanting to make these too. The recipe I came across months ago and all the others I searched for today use powdered sugar, sweet condensed milk and coconut - some recipes with butter and some without.

I do not rest until I can find a stray recipe - some of them turn up in the strangest places.

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 5

Here is a recipe with the corn syrup http://cookeatshare.com/recipes/mounds-chocolate-candies-10015

I have made mounds with the following ingredients and I swear they taste just like the candy.

2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 cups powdered sugar, 12-14 oz. bag of coconut. Mix milk and vanilla, add sugar 1/2 cup at a time, mix until smooth. Add coconut and spread in a parchment lined pan (I spray my parchment) chill until firm, cut into squares, logs or whatever shape you want, dip in my favorite...DARK CHOCOLATE or milk chocolate.

lizzard14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzard14 Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 5

Sweetreasure I found it! All because you said you look for stray recipes. I remembered the website was something like ashtray or astray or something like that, so I typed in astray, thinking of you looking for a stray recipe. LOL..I FOUND IT!!!! Thank you so much! These are sooo good. You should try them.

.Categories
Ew text imp
Yield
1 Servings
Measure Ingredient
1½ cup Light corn syrup
14 ounces Bag; coconut
12 ounces Bag; chocolate chips
¾ Bar Canning wax
Preparation Time: Preparation : Boil syrup for 1 minute. Add coconut and stir. Let sit for 2 hours. Wet hands and form into balls. Freeze. Then melt chocolate chips and wax together and dip coconut balls into mixture. Place on greased cookie sheet

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 6:15am
post #5 of 5

Lizzard14 - How funny that would trigger your memory. I'm going to give these a try!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%