Cutting Large Items W/ Cricut

Decorating By yummy_in_my_tummy Updated 19 Dec 2010 , 4:48pm by sweetcakes

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 3:32am
post #1 of 2

Hey Everyone!

I have been meticulously searching the web for the answer to my question and when I didn't find anything, I thought, "My cake friends will know!" icon_smile.gif

I'm using my Cricut to cut paper, I've got the sticky mat and all of that good stuff. The Cricut says it will cut things up to 23.5", but I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to do that (obviously, you use the dial size, but my mat is 12x12").

My original thought was that I need a 12x24" mat, which I'm pretty sure they make, but I read on a blog that someone cut out giant Sesame Street
characters, so big she had to do them in two pieces.

Does anyone know how to get the Cricut to cut, lets say the top 1/2 of the image, and then the bottom 1/2 of the image??

Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!

1 reply
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 2

you'll need the Cricut Design studio software or a program like Makes the Cut or Sure cuts alot.

These programs allow you to put the image on the mat and then stretch it to the size you want to cut. The design studio will only cut images from the cartridges that you own, where as the other two programs you can insert any graphic you have found online to cut. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%