How Do I Get A Blue Jean/denim Effect?

Decorating By Doughnut Updated 19 Dec 2010 , 8:42pm by Doughnut

Doughnut Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 8

Hey CC'ers!

How would I go about making a denim effect on fondant? I want my layers to look like denim. Not just a blue color, but to look like denim. Any suggestions?

thanks!

7 replies
Kitagrl Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 8

I have a blue jean cake (weird story behind it) in my pix...I think I started with a light blue color and then sponge painted dark blue on it....and then of course yellow stitching....

I can't pull up the link because now my computer is flashing the red malware page again for this site...sigh...but its I guess maybe 3-5 pages in.

Dayti Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 8

I had to go check out your cake Kitagrl, its brilliantly done! http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1467726

RoseCitySugarcraft Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 12:14am
post #4 of 8

I did exactly the same thing as Kitagrl on the Levi's cookies I did last summer!

[/img]http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1799535[img]

I found the round (about the size of a quarter in diameter) stenciling sponge brushes at the craft store, and blotted first on a paper towel, then onto the fondant. It's a great effect that everyone thought was spot on!

Good luck to you! Look forward to seeing your denim cake project, Doughnut[/img]

RoseCitySugarcraft Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 12:18am
post #5 of 8

my apologies, I'm not very good at adding pics into posts. But the cookie is in my album here.

Happy Baking to you icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 12:46am
post #6 of 8

Dayti, thanks for posting that! Sometimes my browser is okay with me on here and other times it seems to find malware. I dunno...hope its fixed soon! I know my computer is clean so hopefully CC can get rid of any buggies it has.

Good luck with the jeans!

Doughnut Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 8:36pm
post #7 of 8

Kitagirl that's what I'm looking for. Thanks so much. Thank to you all who took time to read this post and comment

Doughnut Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 8:42pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the instructions Rosecity. The cookies were too cool!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%