Disney Party Dessert Ideas: Need Help

Decorating By Pebbles1727 Updated 20 Dec 2010 , 2:46am by Marla84

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 14

Hi you all, I desperately need some help--ideas for desserts for Disney party. It needs to be something that can be passed on trays. Mini cupcakes is all I can think of. Please help. Would be nice if it's something creative but not terribly time consuming. Thanks a bunch : )

13 replies
lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 14

Why not make a colorful ice cream holder (upside down birthday cake hat) and fill it with cake balls, candies, truffles, and cookies? You could have a Minny Mouse one (sweet things) and Mickey Mouse one (savory...cheese straws, nuts, pretzels, etc.). You could serve them on a board with drilled holes perched between two boxes wrapped in Disney paper....

Pebbles1727 Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 14

That is a cute idea, but I need something that can be served on trays, as in the waiter walks around and serves people. Each little desert needs to go together with disney theme. I need about 400 of little things during holiday week, arghhhhh.... Got any other suggestions?

kristanashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristanashley Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 9:54pm
post #4 of 14

cake balls!

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 10:13pm
post #5 of 14

Here's a huge second for cake balls! I've been experimenting a lot lately ... lots of fun (check out my latest ones with Rudolph theme, it would be great to make simi.ar ones with Mickey and Minnie). Bakerella even has some with the classic silhouette of the mice, and then more complicated ones with all the detail as well, that could take a look at for inspiration. HTH!

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 10:13pm
post #6 of 14
lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 12:46am
post #7 of 14

You can buy the plastic with the holes in them for your waiters to carry. They are sold as ice cream cone holders. The holders can be used for french fries in a paper cone, etc. when catering, also...

yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yums Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 1:29am
post #8 of 14

How about marshmallows on a stick dipped in chocolate with pink sprinkles?

Pebbles1727 Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:10am
post #9 of 14

Oh I like marshmallow idea, what meaning would it be or what name can I give it to go with Disney theme? Here is what I though of for now:
1. Poison apples from Snow White (apple cake balls/pops)
2. Spaghetti from Lady and the Tramp (mini spaghetti cupcakes)
3. When you wish upon a star... (star shaped sandwich cookies)
4. Some kind of sweet trail mix (for 101 dalmations' dog treats/food)

I'm not sure what I name them all exactly yet but this is where I'm going with it. Any other ideas? Maybe something that will be easier to do?[/list]

Jennifer1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer1970 Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:14am
post #10 of 14

Check out Bakerella's cake ball blog, she's got lots of Disney themed cake balls and pops. What about using a Mickey Mouse shaped cookie cutter to cut out rice krispy treats, then dip in chocolate? They sell large versions of this in the candy shop on Main St. in Disney.

Pebbles1727 Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:16am
post #11 of 14

I thought of that but I only have a very big mickey cookie cutter and the request is for miniature stuff, I'm also doing if for about 300 people free of charge, so really don't want to kill myself, especially during the holiday week. Trying to figure out something speedy and creative

yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yums Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:22am
post #12 of 14

Hmm....thats tough....I don't know if the Marshmallows would work for this but maybe chocolate covered pretzel princess wands? I only have a boy, too hard to think of girly stuff, lol. Maybe you could do the marshmallows but with modeling choc around them to make mini tiaras?

Pebbles1727 Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:29am
post #13 of 14

but you just gave me an idea, I just saw those big campfire mashmallows at WM. I can cut them in star shapes and dip them halfway in chocolate instead of doing sandwhich cookies---that will be even faster!!!! Yeah!

Marla84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marla84 Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:46am
post #14 of 14

What about princess wands? Star shaped Rice Krispie treats (or cookies, or chocolates) on a lollipop stick with ribbon. or mini cupcakes with fondant Mickey Mouse ears sticking out of the top. or cupcakes or cookies like this from Toy Story http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1496696

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%