E U R E K A ! !

Decorating By PoodleDoodle Updated 18 Dec 2010 , 1:39pm by PoodleDoodle

PoodleDoodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PoodleDoodle Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 5

I made 4 great discoveries today:

1. There is a online conversion table converting inches to decimals. Sugarshack disciples will like this.

2. Had half a batch of icing that had too much air whipped into it to use to ice a cake but ok for filling. Remixed with little handheld mixer and it turned out very smooth.

3. Used a small humidifier on the counter to keep icing from crusting too quickly. Worked great!

4. Marshmallow Fondant MacsMoms BC flavored variation is so easy and oh so yummy.

It was a pretty good day!

4 replies
sandeeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandeeb Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 1:23am
post #2 of 5

Poodle Doodle, thanks for sharing your newly discovered helps. Isn't it wonderful how so many ideas come to mind when we are working on cakes. icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

SBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SBaker Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 2:03am
post #3 of 5

How refreshing to hear excitement about discoveries! It brings new life to me. Thank you for your enthusiasm and for having a good day! There can never be too many of them.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 4:58am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodleDoodle

I made 4 great discoveries today:

1. There is a online conversion table converting inches to decimals. Sugarshack disciples will like this.

LOL... did it convert from 4 and a quarter inches plus two notches to decimals? icon_smile.gif

PoodleDoodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PoodleDoodle Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 1:39pm
post #5 of 5

Hi Sharon,

Good to hear from you. It's not that user friendly! It's a life saver for me because without my 5th grader by my side I'm totally lost when it comes to fractions & decimals.

Have a Merry CHristmas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%