Is Wedding Bouquet Gluten Free?

Decorating By tcakes65 Updated 18 Dec 2010 , 9:43am by tcakes65

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing an 8" round gluten free cake for tomorrow. I use powdered sugar, butter, crisco, meringue powder, vanilla, and Wedding Bouquet in my buttercream. Is Wedding Bouquet gluten free? And to confirm, are all of the other ingredients as well? I get very nervous making gluten free recipies. I made an exception because the bride wanted to order her regular 4-tiered wedding cake for her guests. TIA! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
sandeeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandeeb Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 1:16am
post #2 of 5

MCC, My company makes Wedding Bouquet and I can not say it doesn't contain any gluten. I suggest that you use something else instead just to be sure. In doing a little research I found something that said "if it's thick
it probably does contain gluten" and the Wedding Bouquet is very thick.
Thanks for using our product. I will do more research on this

tcakes65 Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 2:43am
post #3 of 5

Thank you!! I opted to go with a cream cheese buttercream instead. BTW, I love Wedding Bouquet. I receive so many compliments on my buttercream when I use it.

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 5:08am
post #4 of 5

If you are baking for allergies and special conditions, you are better to direct your questions to the manufacturers, as they make the product.

They change their ingredients without notice, so information given by someone here could be incorrect.

A product may be gluten-free, but it may not be "contamination-free" as it is produced on a production-line or factory that manufactures gluten products.

tcakes65 Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 9:43am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by auzzi

If you are baking for allergies and special conditions, you are better to direct your questions to the manufacturers, as they make the product.

They change their ingredients without notice, so information given by someone here could be incorrect.

A product may be gluten-free, but it may not be "contamination-free" as it is produced on a production-line or factory that manufactures gluten products.

Did you see sandeeb's response? Sandeeb's company makes wedding bouquet so I did receive a response from a direct source.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%