Liquor In The Batter

Baking By msnrozier Updated 25 Dec 2010 , 8:29pm by YummyTipsyCakes

msnrozier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msnrozier Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 3

Hello, I am trying to do cupcakes and want to use liquor, but I find that ALLLLL the scratch recipes call for MILK, how do I use the liquor and milk?

I have read many post where ppl brush the cake or spray the cake but I want to do cupcakes, so I am looking for a recipe where I can use water and replace it with liquor!

Plz Help

tia

2 replies
SCNYCharlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SCNYCharlie Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 3

what type of liquor are planning on using? you can substitute half water half liquor or for a strong taste go all the way. if its like kahlua milk goes great with it.

it really depends on want liquor and flavored cake you are trying to achieve. hope this helps icon_smile.gif

YummyTipsyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyTipsyCakes Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 3

I found a rum recipe online and I altered it to suit my needs. It called for 1/2 cup of milk, 1/2 cup rum. When I'm using liquors like tequila or vodka or even light rum I omit the milk and use all liquor or go with 3/4 liquor and 1/4 milk. I only use milk with liquors that mix well when dairy products like kahlua, dark rum or coconut rum....I found doing this really makes a huge difference in the density of the cupcakes and cakes...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%