Does Anyone Know A Recipe Which Uses Toffee Pieces

Baking By kellyanne1981 Updated 18 Dec 2010 , 3:56pm by bobwonderbuns

kellyanne1981 Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 16

hi there, longshot but im looking for ideas on what i can do with a large box of toffees that ive been given....if there are ay suggestions i would really appreciate it

kel xx

15 replies
aswartzw Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 16

www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/chocolate-blackout-wedding-cake-with-coconut-buttercream-recipe/index.html

I've tried the ganache. It's rich and decadent but so yummy. I didn't use the good quality chocolate last time so it might have made it heavier.

I definitely need to try that coconut BC too.

bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 16

You know I'm glad you mentioned that -- Martha had a cookie a while back with dried cherries and toffee chips and I can't find the recipe! icon_cry.gif If anyone knows what I'm talking about can you please post the link for us? Thanks so much! icon_biggrin.gif

adamsgama Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 4:00pm
post #6 of 16

I think the cookie you are talking about is called The Kitchen Sink, because it has everything in it. I made them and they are excellent

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/johns-kitchen-sink-cookies

Adamsgama

bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 4:05pm
post #7 of 16

That's it!! Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

kimmisue2009 Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 4:34pm
post #8 of 16

I have one that I bake pretty often using toffee pieces. Not a "pretty" cake, but a judge in a contest once proposed to me because of it. It's called Jury Duty Cake in my world, although I have no clue why. You just mix Eagle Brand milk and caramel sundae topping together; bake a chocolate cake and while it's still hot, poke holes all in the top of it; pour the Eagle Brand/caramel mixture all over it and chill; after it's completely chilled, cover it with Kool-Whip and tons and tons of toffee chips. Easy and always a hit.

AmysCakesNCandies Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 5:07pm
post #9 of 16

I make toffee chip cookies dipped in chocolate... super simple... just use whatever your standard sugar cookie dough (the rolling variety and mix in the toffee chips. Dip half the finished cookie in melted dark chocolate and crushed tofffee. Its one of my most popular selling holiday cookies.

bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 9:43pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmysCakesNCandies

I make toffee chip cookies dipped in chocolate... super simple... just use whatever your standard sugar cookie dough (the rolling variety and mix in the toffee chips. Dip half the finished cookie in melted dark chocolate and crushed tofffee. Its one of my most popular selling holiday cookies.




Oh that sounds good!! I am sooooo going to try that! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

adonisthegreek1 Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 10:15pm
post #11 of 16

I use toffee in the ice cream scoop cookies and also in my homemade chocolate ice cream. This recipe is not mine. It belongs to another CCer, but I lost the original post so I don't know who posted it.

2 cups butter, softened
6 egg yolks
5 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/3 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Mix the butter or margarine, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla. Add the flour and mix by hand.
Divide Dough and add color and flavors as you like.
Scoop dough with small ice cream scoop or cookie scoop.
Bake in preheated 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven for 7-9 minutes.


This made about 6 dozen cookies.

kellyanne1981 Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 11:22am
post #12 of 16

ohhhhhhh thnk you everyone for your suggestions i think i will try...................all of them lol
thanks again for your time....happy baking!!

kel xx

Piece_acake Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 12:39pm
post #13 of 16

I mix the toffee pieces with some caramel and buttercream and use it as a filling. It tastes just like a skor bar!

TejasRebel Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 1:48pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmisue2009

I have one that I bake pretty often using toffee pieces. Not a "pretty" cake, but a judge in a contest once proposed to me because of it. It's called Jury Duty Cake in my world, although I have no clue why. You just mix Eagle Brand milk and caramel sundae topping together; bake a chocolate cake and while it's still hot, poke holes all in the top of it; pour the Eagle Brand/caramel mixture all over it and chill; after it's completely chilled, cover it with Kool-Whip and tons and tons of toffee chips. Easy and always a hit.




Huh... I know it as Bird Dog Cake. Who knows where the names came from!

bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 3:47pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonisthegreek1

I use toffee in the ice cream scoop cookies and also in my homemade chocolate ice cream. This recipe is not mine. It belongs to another CCer, but I lost the original post so I don't know who posted it.

2 cups butter, softened
6 egg yolks
5 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/3 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Mix the butter or margarine, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla. Add the flour and mix by hand.
Divide Dough and add color and flavors as you like.
Scoop dough with small ice cream scoop or cookie scoop.
Bake in preheated 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven for 7-9 minutes.


This made about 6 dozen cookies.




Did I read that right, it's a 400 degree oven? I only ask because the last time I made small cookies in a hot oven I had pure carbon cookies! icon_rolleyes.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 3:56pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasRebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmisue2009

I have one that I bake pretty often using toffee pieces. Not a "pretty" cake, but a judge in a contest once proposed to me because of it. It's called Jury Duty Cake in my world, although I have no clue why. You just mix Eagle Brand milk and caramel sundae topping together; bake a chocolate cake and while it's still hot, poke holes all in the top of it; pour the Eagle Brand/caramel mixture all over it and chill; after it's completely chilled, cover it with Kool-Whip and tons and tons of toffee chips. Easy and always a hit.



Huh... I know it as Bird Dog Cake. Who knows where the names came from!




I know!! Who names this stuff anyway??? Like the "Pig Cake." It's absolutely delicious, but geez, what a name!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%