Hi, I was looking for a chocolate sugar cookie recipe, that everyone loves. I tried the chocolate nfsc cookie recipe, but it didnt go over too well. I was wondering what chocolate recipe do most of you use. I would appreciate any advise. Thank You.
are you looking for one you can roll out and cut shapes or just a drop chocolate cookie?
This is the one I always use...
brownie roll-out cookies
adapted from smitten kitchen
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 rounded tsp instant espresso powder
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Whisk dry flour, salt and baking powder in bowl and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar together for 1 minute. Gradually mix in eggs, vanilla, espresso powder and cocoa in mixer. Slowly add flour mixture, and mix until smooth.
3. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least one hour.
4. Roll out cookie dough on floured counter. Cut into desired shapes, brushing extra deposits of flour off the top. (It does disappear once baked)
5. Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 8 to 11 minutes (I baked mine 8 minutes) until the edges are firm and the centers are slightly soft and puffed.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
They are pretty crunchy if you over bake!
I'm really looking for a cut out recipe. That taste great with a great chocolate taste. Thank for the recipe it sounds great. Will try this soon.