Help! I Need An Idea For A Helicopter Cake Please!

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 17 Dec 2010 , 2:50pm by jenscreativity

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 9

I want to do a helicopter cake, but not 3D and my friend wants it NOT kiddish since it's for her hubby at 26. He is a mechanic and she wanted something to do with his job vs just a helicopter..So only thing I can think of is to make a helicopter out of gp/fondant, PARTIALLY , then put parts of helicopter on ground by helicopter as if he is assembling it. Anyone have any better ideas? Image cake,,she doesn't want,,nor a helicopter on a landing. NOR hand drawn..so ??

Thanks and please let me know asap..

jenifer

8 replies
Tacy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tacy09 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 9

That sounds like a good Idea...I did one (but it was for a kid and lego themed) but I used rice ceral treats and they worked really well...held up no problem and made the blades out of fondant with tylose......You shouldt have any trouble and im sure she will love it!

jenscreativity Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you Tracy..

Anyone have any other idea at all please?

Thanks!

MomSgt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomSgt Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 7:58pm
post #4 of 9

How about making the hanger out of cake & fondant and in front of it placing a 3D helicopter (either out of RKT covered in fondant or perhaps out of pound cake) . You could make a replica of her husband out of fondant maybe holding a wrench working on the helicopter. Leaning it on the helicopter would also support the "husband" and his tools. I would research what kind of helicopters he works on.... bubble, double rotor etc. Try to make it as realistic as possible, using whatever logo or company colors or uniforms that he wears. Rotors can be made with gp and dried hard. The hanger could also be set upon a sheet cake if more servings were needed.

jenscreativity Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 9

Wow,,thank you Momsgt..

I know she doesn't want any figurine type of stuff,,so I won't make her hubby,,but I like the hangar idea too. If I just do the hangar, then put the helicopter in front of it, would it look stupid or kiddish if I put pieces of helicopter in front of it, on the ground part?? AND how could I add in his replica to make it more surreal?

chica07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chica07 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 8:17pm
post #6 of 9

To add 'him' without doing a figure of him, you could add a tool box with his name on it, near the hanger and chopper.

jenscreativity Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 8:28pm
post #7 of 9

Oh that's great, and should I add the emblem/logo somewhere?

MomSgt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomSgt Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 1:24pm
post #8 of 9

Absolutely, that is what will pull this all together. You can put the name of the company and logo on the hanger AND the helicopter.... also... you can put the "inscription" or greeting in the form of an advertisement/billboard thing on the side of the hanger.

jenscreativity Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 2:50pm
post #9 of 9

This is going to be SOOOOOO great thanks to all of you!! I love this site..

God bless
jenifer

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%