Piping Bags

Baking By Cupcations Updated 27 Dec 2010 , 3:51pm by michel30014

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 7:34am
post #1 of 7

So I boiled my piping bags & added Tide to the water, after they were done I rinsed them veryy good
when I used them today i noticed they have a very strong smell ( the smell of tide)
I was wondering would that effect the icing in any way?? I did add icing & tasted it after it came out of the tip it was perfect
any experience anyone??

6 replies
kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 7:52am
post #2 of 7

yikes, I never would have thought to wash them with laundry soap. Usually I wash them by hand with some Palmolive, and they are good to go.
Good luck!

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 7

well thats what I normally do, but the food coloring hardly goes away, well at least now I have white piping bags icon_biggrin.gif

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 7

smart cookie! icon_smile.gif

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 7

If it doesn't affect the icing, then maybe you could buy a small bottle of unscented Tide just for bags.

In this house, we all unscented products for laundry. This all thanks to our wonderful allergies. Once they are set off any scent will just aggravate it further, thus we went unscented all the way.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 7

I also use the disposable bags. It's such a hassle to wash the fabric ones. Good Luck!

michel30014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel30014 Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 3:51pm
post #7 of 7

I've never used Tide to wash my bags. I've always just used Palmolive dishwashing liquid and hot water. I agree with the poster to just switch to the unscented kind if you want to continue using Tide.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%