Uh Oh - Did I Muck Up? Help Me!!!!

Decorating By jonahsmom Updated 16 Dec 2010 , 5:27am by jonahsmom

jonahsmom Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 5:10am
post #1 of 3

Okay - so I'm doing concession treats for our local community theater for Thursday, Friday, and two shows Saturday. I did whoopie pies, sugar cookies and cupcakes. The whoopie pies and sugar cookies are all individually sealed in cello bags.

Here's my issue - I was working on the cupcakes for tomorrow night and was on a roll and ended up decorating all of my cuppies - for the shows through Saturday night!!! I already put the royal icing poinsettias on and put them in their scrapbook paper cupcake wrappers. I'm wondering if I should freeze what I'm not going to use tomorrow or if I should leave them out on the counter? I don't want them to get super dry sitting on the counter - that's my biggest fear. I'm pretty sure they'll be okay - I've put the buttercream to the edge of the cuppie (although a couple of them have teeny tiny edges peeking out).

Did I screw up by just keeping on going? Should they stay on the counter? Go in the freezer? Eek...

2 replies
caymancake Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 5:24am
post #2 of 3

What flavour are they? If they are fruit flavoured, I would store in the fridge or a very cool place, otherwise just leave them in a cake box on the counter icon_smile.gif. HTH

jonahsmom Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 5:27am
post #3 of 3

They're boring - just french vanilla with french vanilla bc. icon_smile.gif

They're in the boxes on the counter. I decided to leave three cupcakes out - I'm gonna eat one tomorrow night, Friday night and Saturday night. It'll make me feel better about what the theater-goers are getting. I'm such a chicken - always so worried that something's gonna go terribly wrong!

Thanks for the response!

Quote by @%username% on %date%