Cupcake Stand

Baking By dawnglover Updated 22 Jan 2011 , 5:55am by scp1127

dawnglover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnglover Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 1:33am
post #1 of 7

need directions to build a cupcake stand. I have seen a square one by antonia74, but cant seem to find the directions.

6 replies
michellew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 4:54am
post #4 of 7

Here's my favorite - it's super cheap to make...

http://www.weddingbee.com/2010/08/02/cupcake-tower-diy/

Only I made it much bigger then hers. Here's my completed:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jenniferbratko/GlenJess101010#5530309292362115522

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 5:37am
post #5 of 7

Yesterday I priced the stands made from cake dummies. The 24 and 30 inch sizes did not make the stand a bargain. I have the Cupcake Tree cupcake stand and I am looking at purchasing one of the 7 tier acrylic or wooden ones from ebay. Since they will be rentals, any feedback on what brides want would be appreciated.

FromScratchSF, I really like your stand. It looks like you used the same can and it came off more balanced. What size were your cans?

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 5:46am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Yesterday I priced the stands made from cake dummies. The 24 and 30 inch sizes did not make the stand a bargain. I have the Cupcake Tree cupcake stand and I am looking at purchasing one of the 7 tier acrylic or wooden ones from ebay. Since they will be rentals, any feedback on what brides want would be appreciated.

FromScratchSF, I really like your stand. It looks like you used the same can and it came off more balanced. What size were your cans?

I hit the mercado latino and bought whatever random cans I though would work for the least amount of money. So, from the bottom up, the "feet" cans were little cans of green chilies. Then large enchalada sauce on 16" square, then regular sized refried beans the rest of the way up. I probably would have used a thinner can (tomato paste) holding the top tier if there were only going to be cupcakes, but with the cake I needed something more sturdy. I also use spray adhesive so my wrapping paper lifts really east for me to change the paper out.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 5:55am
post #7 of 7

Thanks again, From Scratch SF!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%