I'm Looking For The Best Roll Out Cookies Recipe

Baking By dreyna16 Updated 16 Dec 2010 , 3:04am by MadMillie

dreyna16 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 6

I would like to giveaways decorates christmas cookies and I am looking for the best recipe. I have used in the past Wilton's recipe but it is very difficult to roll and handle cause the dough does not stay all together in one piece. I've seen here a lot of recipes but would like to know which one I shoul use.

Thanks for your comments

5 replies
aswartzw Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 6

Try NFSC (No Fail Sugar Cookie). The recipe can be found here. Don't even need to refrigerate the cookie dough, just roll it between parchment.

sdmama Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 6

The NFSC recipe is awesome. I made a trial 1/2 batch last weekend to test it out and the cookies came out nicely shaped (they didn't come out distorted) and tasted good too. I divided up the dough into 4 separate batches and used a different extract for each to see which one tasted better. The top flavor ended up being almond extract, next was princess cake and cookie bakery emulsion. The 2 that came in last only did so cause they didn't have much flavor, vanilla extract and butter flavored extract.

chefjess819 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 6

NFSC (No Fail Sugar Cookie) is the way to go...they hold thr royal icing or color flow very well. i used a 2" round cutter to make about 5 dozen of them and had enough dough to make a spiraled red and white cookie (about a doz) also. and they taste good even without the icing on them. thumbs_up.gif

dreyna16 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 2:50am
post #5 of 6

Thanks so much. I will try this recipe and will let you know how it went

MadMillie Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 3:04am
post #6 of 6

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%