I'm Looking For The Best Roll Out Cookies Recipe

Baking By dreyna16 Updated 16 Dec 2010 , 3:04am by MadMillie

dreyna16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreyna16 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 6

I would like to giveaways decorates christmas cookies and I am looking for the best recipe. I have used in the past Wilton's recipe but it is very difficult to roll and handle cause the dough does not stay all together in one piece. I've seen here a lot of recipes but would like to know which one I shoul use.

Thanks for your comments

5 replies
aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 6

Try NFSC (No Fail Sugar Cookie). The recipe can be found here. Don't even need to refrigerate the cookie dough, just roll it between parchment.

sdmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdmama Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 6

The NFSC recipe is awesome. I made a trial 1/2 batch last weekend to test it out and the cookies came out nicely shaped (they didn't come out distorted) and tasted good too. I divided up the dough into 4 separate batches and used a different extract for each to see which one tasted better. The top flavor ended up being almond extract, next was princess cake and cookie bakery emulsion. The 2 that came in last only did so cause they didn't have much flavor, vanilla extract and butter flavored extract.

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 6

NFSC (No Fail Sugar Cookie) is the way to go...they hold thr royal icing or color flow very well. i used a 2" round cutter to make about 5 dozen of them and had enough dough to make a spiraled red and white cookie (about a doz) also. and they taste good even without the icing on them. thumbs_up.gif

dreyna16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreyna16 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 2:50am
post #5 of 6

Thanks so much. I will try this recipe and will let you know how it went

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 3:04am
post #6 of 6

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%