Is This Cake Any Good?

Baking By lablady_29 Updated 15 Dec 2010 , 2:57pm by cownsj

lablady_29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lablady_29 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 3:45am
post #1 of 8

I forgot to put the oil in my Pillsbury cake mix {X2} Throw it out and start over or is it okay? It's just for family. Thank, Randy

7 replies
cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 3:55am
post #2 of 8

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to that offhand, but you can level your cake as soon as possible and taste some of the cake you cut off. Then you know how it tastes to you? Just a thought

lablady_29 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 3:59am
post #3 of 8

Thanks cownsj, I'll go do that. Maybe it will be okay. Randy

cownsj Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 4:00am
post #4 of 8

I have my fingers crossed for you. And please let me, so I'll have the answer in case it happens to me.

CakeDiva101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva101 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 4:01am
post #5 of 8

Well, if you are already considering start over, I would finish bake it and see how turns out. Only you know your family taste buds so if it is not up to yours or their standards, you can always re-bake it. Once I forgot to add the eggs to my upside down pineapple cake (it was also for my family) it was kinda flat but still tasted good and my family did not care....they still ate it all! Those pigs icon_biggrin.gif

lablady_29 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 4:14am
post #6 of 8

CakeDiva101. The cake was already cooked and in the freezer and the second cake being mixed when I realized I forgot the oil. I just got it out, cut a slice from the whole narrow edge and tasted it. It tasted fine and wasn't dry at all. Also made DH and DS try it and got "It tastes like cake to me." All most praise from my DS LOL.

cownsj, Thanks for the suggestion. Isn't funny how we panic and don't even think of the obvious thing to do? Randy

CakeDiva101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva101 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 4:39am
post #7 of 8

Fantastic! It really takes a lot to mess up a box cake icon_biggrin.gif

cownsj Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 2:57pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lablady_29

CakeDiva101. The cake was already cooked and in the freezer and the second cake being mixed when I realized I forgot the oil. I just got it out, cut a slice from the whole narrow edge and tasted it. It tasted fine and wasn't dry at all. Also made DH and DS try it and got "It tastes like cake to me." All most praise from my DS LOL.

cownsj, Thanks for the suggestion. Isn't funny how we panic and don't even think of the obvious thing to do? Randy

Randy, you're very welcome. Sometimes it takes not being in the stress part to see it. Having said that, if you've already fed everyone from it, I guess you need to bake another one anyway. HAHAHAHAHA I'm glad to hear it still worked out good for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%