2011 Central Florida Fair Cake Decorating Competition

Decorating By Joanne1944 Updated 21 Oct 2011 , 11:47am by linedancer

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 6

The rules for the competition have been posted on the website: www.centralfloridafair.com
Click on the Fair button, then select Competitions, then Food and Culinary Arts.

There are separate Divisions for Professional, Amateur/Home Hobbyist, Beginner, Youth and Child with lots of Categories in each Division.

The competition is open to all Florida residents, there is no charge to enter and there is no limit to the number of entries per person. Entries may not have been entered in any other competition. Entries are due the weekend of February 20-21 and a pre-entry form is available on the Fair website.

Last year, the Best in Show winner was Edna de la Cruz of Design Me A Cake in Orlando. It was awesome.

5 replies
Joanne1944 Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 6

I looked at the website and for EACH of the three Adult Divisions (Beginner, Amateur, Professional), there are 15 Categories. Each person must submit all their entries in the same overall Division.

You can enter as many Categories as you want and submit as many entries in each Category as you choose. What fun!

Here are the Categories

WEDDING CAKE TWO OR THREE TIERS
WEDDING CAKE FOUR OR MORE TIERS
GROOMS CAKE OR ANNIVERSARY CAKE
NOVELTY OR SHAPED CAKE
TOPSY TURVY CAKE
HOLIDAY OR SEASONS CAKE
SPECIAL OCCASION CAKE
MISCELLANEOUS CAKE
GINGERBREAD
MINIATURE TIERED CAKE
DECORATED COOKIES
DECORATED COOKIE BOUQUET
DECORATED CUPCAKES
SPECIMEN FLOWER
COMBINATION Any combination of cake, cupcakes, cookies and gingerbread integrated into a specific theme

Joanne1944 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 1:49pm
post #3 of 6

I have heard from a lot of people who plan to enter. It should be another great competition and show.

JMouse1928 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JMouse1928 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 6

I have gone to the sight a few times, but I can not find an entry! HELP!! icon_sad.gif

kelsiedelizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelsiedelizzle Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 3:45am
post #5 of 6

This might be a dumb question, but is the competition open to full time Florida residents only? I go to school in Tampa but originally I'm from Georgia...would I still be qualified to enter?

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 11:47am
post #6 of 6

It looks like the info for the 2012 fair is not available yet. I think it is usually around the middle of Nov when they post the rules.

I have entered this fair the last couple of years and it is great fun. Don't know about this year, but there has been no entry fee, you can make two entries in a class and enter as many classes as you want. The premiums are really good. The folks are quite nice too. I always enter online.

kelsiedelizzle, I can't find it in the information I downloaded last year, but I am 90% sure you will be able to enter, I am thinking that I read somewhere it is open to both full and part time residents. But will have to wait and see when the new info comes out. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%