Need An Emergency Idea For 15 Teachers! Help Please!!

Decorating By BakingGirl Updated 16 Dec 2010 , 12:53am by BakingGirl

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 4:12am
post #1 of 10

I always make some sort of decorated Christmas treat for all the teachers who are involved with the kids. This year I had it all planned out, I was going to make 5 cake pops, put into mini terracotta pots that the kids have already painted. I started making the pops this evening and have had no end of trouble. The candy coating is cracking, the sticks are sliding through - the whole thing is a disaster. I need it all to be done by Wednesday afternoon. I think I probably should abandon the cake pops, but I am too tired to think let alone come up with an alternative idea.

If anybody had a good idea of something that is easy but impressive, I will be forever thankful!

9 replies
cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 4:58am
post #2 of 10

Maybe you could try cookie pops instead? You could still use the pots if you did that.

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 5:09am
post #3 of 10

Or just make some cake balls in different flavours, and fill each little pot, then wrap in sheets of cellophane with a bow on top...at least they have the nice pot and the delicious treat also!

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 6:36am
post #4 of 10

Brownie pops are super-simple and taste good, too. I've done them two ways. The first is to just cut the brownies into squares and then form those into balls (wearing food-handling gloves). Then, just make small holes in each, insert the end of a lollipop stick into melted chocolate and then into the hole in the brownie ball. Let set for a few minutes and then dip in melted chocolate coating. I sometimes add sprinkles or a drizzle of a different color of chocolate.

The other way is to do it similarly to cake balls, breaking up the brownies and mixining in a binder. (Raspberry jam is a favoriate.)

mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 7:47am
post #5 of 10

how about a cupcakes bouquet?

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 10:01am
post #6 of 10

How about cookies in a jar. You know, no baking, just put in the choc chips, flour, baking soda, etc attach recipe card and top with a fabric cutout and a ribbon. Allrecipes has all kinds of them.

visionsofprisms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
visionsofprisms Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 12:25pm
post #7 of 10

As a teacher, I just would like to remind you that almost all schools have students with nut allergies now, so I would not use anything that contains nuts of any form. Even any type of extract. Most of the kids go into shock just from the smell of nuts.

But us teachers we do love cookies and sweets.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 2:06pm
post #8 of 10

As a retired teacher a simple plate of cookies sounds wonderful, also easy to carry home. The pot with cake pops sounds delightful, but then it has to be carried home. Since I generally had a bunch of stuff to take home at Christmas break, adding a cake pop bouquet sounds like one more trip to the parking lot. Cookies on a pastic plate -non-breakable- wrapped securely would be a great, easy to deal with treat.

Save the pot bouquet for Valentine's Day. Your teachers would have two hands to carry it, and it would really stand out. Teachers get all sorts of stuff at Christmas time- Valentines day not so much. OK- Cards.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 4:02am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren

how about a cupcakes bouquet?

Yes, this is easy, quick and for some reason, people are always way more impressed than they are with the cake that takes you 20 hours!

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 12:53am
post #10 of 10

Thank you so much everyone for your ideas. In the end I went to bed and slept on it, I tried again in the morning and although they were not perfect I did manage to complete the cake pops. I will never again make 75 pops in 5 designs, was way to stressful. I have filed away your ideas for next time I do teacher gifts, it is definitively the last time I do something so elaborate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%