Help!!!! School Cake

Decorating By Savybee Updated 16 Dec 2010 , 10:46pm by Savybee

Savybee Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 11:13pm
post #1 of 6

I was asked to make a cake for my class. Im in 6th grade. I love cake decrating. Im familar with fondant and gumpaste. The cake needs to feed 30 people. I have no clue what to do for the cake. Any ideas?? THe ckae is for LA block (reading and writting combinded)

Thanks in advanced,

5 replies
cakesrock Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 2:49am
post #2 of 6

You could do an open book or closed book cake, depending on your skill level. There are some instructions/tutorials on here if you search the forums. The open book cake is a bit easier- I just rented a pan from the hobby shop (not in my photos, as I'm working on it). You can use edible images and fondant or buttercream. And you could make a pencil or pen with fondant (shouldn't be too tough). Good luck and please post your pic after! PS: Good for you - starting so young - you will be amazing by the time you're middle-aged like me! icon_smile.gif I only started 8 yrs ago at 33 and wish I had started younger.

Ali3971 Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 6

you could do a regualr sheet cake or small tier cake and make fondant pencils and rulers and other school related pieces and stick them on the cake.

mom2twogrlz Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 6

Or you could do something in your school colors. Maybe two small tiers in white then accent with your school mascot an a few things that your school is known for. Maybe it is known for having a good basketball team, or baseball, or high scholastic level. Or you could do a cake related to the class. Since it is a reading and writing class you could do a cake with some little fondant books with various titles you have read this year and a edible image to look like an essay. Then you can put each of the students names around the edge and the the teacher's up top on a chalkboard. That is alot of detail, but you could pick and choose from there, just a few ideas to work with.

Ambar2 Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 7:00pm
post #5 of 6
Savybee Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 10:46pm
post #6 of 6

I love thoose cupcakes! Simple but cute! Thanks I think I know what I will be doing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%