Everything About Edible Images .. Needed Pls

Decorating By moonyqtr Updated 15 Dec 2010 , 6:28pm by shannycakers

moonyqtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moonyqtr Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 6

hi everyone ...

i'm in desperate need for your help .. i'm new to the edible images world.. just got my canon printer with the edible ink and edible sheets.. but i don't know how to began and what to do .. my business is only in cupcakes not cakes .. so i also don't know the right size for the edible image to be .. or how to cut it from the edible paper .. how to stick it on the butter cream or the fondant .. basically ..i know NOTHING .. any help ?!!! PLEASE

5 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 12:10pm
post #2 of 6

Edible imaging is easy, so do not fret! It is just like printing regular pictures, but you are using a printer that is compatable with edible ink and edibe paper. Being in Doha-Qatar, you want to find a canon mp560 or Canon ip3600. If you cannot find the same pritner, you want to check with your edible ink supplier prior to ordering your printer to make sure the cartridges are compatable. Ordering cartridges from your country requires you to have special cartrdiges so make sure you specify your cartridge model before ordering.

To print edible pictures is easy. You can use any graphics program you want until you go to print hte cupcake sized images. Most of us have free software or software that can be purchased. We have both.

There should be instructions that come with your ink to give you the proper settings to print. If not, ask when you get your printer, we can direct you.

Images need a moisture to adhere to frosting. So make sure you have a moist icing when applying the image. You would again, follow the directions that come with the icing sheets when you apply it, but it is simple. Print, peel, and the smooth out with your hand. Some icing sheets are a little tougher to use as they stick to the backing, but there should be directions.

I hope this answered your questions, if not, feel free to ask more or to PM me.

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 1:09pm
post #3 of 6

sorry to butt in Donna, but i have a quick question too. I live near you and i want to purchase a printer too, but i cannot afford a big one, what is your suggestion (in your expertise opinion) of a make and model number? that works well but not too expensive. thanks!!

icingimages Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 6:24pm
post #4 of 6

Howdy neighbor!
I like the Canon mp560 or the Canon ip3600. Those to are my favorites.

icingimages Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 6

Howdy neighbor!
I like the Canon mp560 or the Canon ip3600. Those to are my favorites.

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 6

yay! thanks for the response!!icon_smile.gif im about to order another image from you, a guiness bottleicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%