My Food Network Challenge Audition Tape!!

Decorating By multilayered Updated 16 Dec 2010 , 3:43am by sweetnessx3

multilayered Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 1:49am
post #1 of 33

Hi Everyone,

I was really excited to be asked to submit an audition tape for "challenge". I have NEVER auditioned for anything!! The tape ends kind of abruptly because of technical difficulties, but I hope it is ok regardless. They already have my cake pictures I think they wanted to see my personality on camera. Thanks so much for looking...and wish me luck!!!! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks,Andrea

32 replies
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 2:04am
post #2 of 33

Looks great and might I add, you are very pretty the camera loves ya.

multilayered Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 2:06am
post #3 of 33

Thank you soooo much icon_smile.gif

aundrea Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 2:20am
post #4 of 33

good luck to you!! i hope you go all the way. let us know if you are selected and when you are on.
your boys must be so proud of mommy.
did i hear correctly you have another on the way?
if so congrats to you....again.

Kaylani Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 2:23am
post #5 of 33

Congrats!!!! I really hope we see you on Challenge! icon_lol.gif

You are so brave! thumbs_up.gif

aligotmatt Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 2:35am
post #6 of 33

Congratulations and good luck! If you need any pointers or anything, I'd be happy to help you.

multilayered Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 2:55am
post #7 of 33

Thanks so much everyoneicon_smile.gif Oh, and aundrea...no I am NOT expecting again...I can barely keep up with the three I haveicon_smile.gif

aundrea Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 3:13am
post #8 of 33

oops so sorry-i totally misunderstood.
again good luck!
you are very passionate about cake decorating and your family that definately shows thru your tape.

TXcakeGirl Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 3:14am
post #9 of 33

Great story! As far as the video goes it's a bit jumpy (motion sickness) not sure if they even care about those kinds of things. But, great story and I wish you the best of luck!!!

sugarlover Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 3:29am
post #10 of 33

good luck!

ThePurpleButterfly Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 4:17am
post #11 of 33

Go, Andrea!!!! GL! thumbs_up.gif

multilayered Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 4:27am
post #12 of 33

Thanks so much for the kind words of support,it really means aloticon_smile.gif

NanaSandy Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 4:47am
post #13 of 33

wishing you the best of luck!

cakegirl1973 Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 4:54am
post #14 of 33

Your passion for cake art shines through on your tape. I love your story about when your Big Bird figurine finally came together. It helps to demonstrate your love of the craft and your natural talent. Good luck, and I will have my fingers crossed for you! thumbs_up.gif

multilayered Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 2:48pm
post #15 of 33

Thanks so much for the kind words of encouragement I really appreciate iticon_smile.gif

all4cake Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 3:10pm
post #16 of 33

Great video! "I am tenacious!" thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif (I gotta tell ya...anytime someone gets choked up and reaches for their face or neck or chest for composure to get through (like you did when you referenced being able to show your boys the rewards of giving something your all), tears well up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aundrea

good luck to you!! i hope you go all the way. let us know if you are selected and when you are on.
your boys must be so proud of mommy.
did i hear correctly you have another on the way?
if so congrats to you....again.

I thought the same thing too at first. "Ah! Did she just say she had one on the way???", I said to myself. Then, I thought..."noooo...one on the way doesn't make it more difficult to decorate (unless you get those annoying pregnancy disturbances like an aversion to the smell of cake!). She musta said, "...and only one income...".

multilayered Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 3:29pm
post #17 of 33

Thanks AllforCake!! I was wondering what sounded like "one on the way"!!! Oh man I hope they can hear the difference lololol!!!! And the tape was very emotional for me it was not scripted so I just said what came to me...this is a big chance for me ..for us it is emotional for meicon_smile.gif

infinitsky Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 3:31pm
post #18 of 33

Wish you the best of luck!

By the way you look wonderful!

Tclanton Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 3:58pm
post #19 of 33

Wooo hooo!!!! Great video and best of luck to you!! Make sure that you keep us updated!!! thumbs_up.gif

multilayered Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 4:07pm
post #20 of 33

Thanks Guys!!! And Thanks infinitsky for saying I look niceicon_smile.gif

cakesmart Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 5:03pm
post #21 of 33

best wishes to you...I look forward to seeing you on an upcoming challenge!

sccandwbfan Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 5:35pm
post #22 of 33

Exciting good luck!!

UpAt2am Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 5:54pm
post #23 of 33

you come across incredibly genuine! and i def. heard "we have three children and one income."

good luck!

hsmomma Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 5:55pm
post #24 of 33

I think it's wonderful...I teared up a bit along with you when you talked about your kids and your passion. (My six kids and hubby are my world...and I have extreme passion for cake which seems a bit crazy at times icon_wink.gif I love how genuine you seem in your tape. People that are genuine just really appeal to me.
I really hope I get to watch you on t.v. I'll be cheering you on!!!
ps. And the camera does love you.

Debi2 Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 6:14pm
post #25 of 33

Congratulations and great job on the tape! Good luck...keep us all posted so we'll know when to watch for you on the Food Network Challenge! icon_biggrin.gif

multilayered Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 6:17pm
post #26 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmomma

I think it's wonderful...I teared up a bit along with you when you talked about your kids and your passion. (My six kids and hubby are my world...and I have extreme passion for cake which seems a bit crazy at times icon_wink.gif I love how genuine you seem in your tape. People that are genuine just really appeal to me.
I really hope I get to watch you on t.v. I'll be cheering you on!!!
ps. And the camera does love you.

Thanks everyoneicon_smile.gif hsmomma...SIX KIDS my God I don't know how you do it!!! My three run me ragged!!! LOLOL....Good for you !!!!! Thanks for the kind words..this is a really BIG deal for me(and my family) and huge opportunity it would be impossible not to be a bit emotionalicon_smile.gif

Gerle Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 8:41pm
post #27 of 33

Best of luck to you. Tape looks good. I sooooo hope you get on! I'd love to watch a CC member on a cake challenge. Please be sure to let us know if you make it and when you'll be on. It'll be a "MUST SEE"!!! And you did look great on camera. How exciting! I'm saying my prayers and crossing my fingers and toes for you!!

multilayered Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 9:19pm
post #28 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerle

Best of luck to you. Tape looks good. I sooooo hope you get on! I'd love to watch a CC member on a cake challenge. Please be sure to let us know if you make it and when you'll be on. It'll be a "MUST SEE"!!! And you did look great on camera. How exciting! I'm saying my prayers and crossing my fingers and toes for you!!

Thanks so much...it would be amazing to be selected!! Thanks for you thoughts and prayers!!

Dayti Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 12:03am
post #29 of 33

I just watched your application video - it looks great! I think you definitely managed to show your personality, and the way you come across on camera is really quite riveting. I watched a few of the other peoples application videos right after yours, and they were completely different to yours - mostly a little boring, staged, structured and some even looked like they were reading off cards being held up to them. Some of them (ok, most of them) I couldn't even be bothered to see all the way to the end. Yours was much more spontaneous, which I think can only be an advantage to you. Good luck!

online_annie Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 12:56am
post #30 of 33

Just saw your tape! L-O-V-E It! They should open the voting to the public! I would love to see a show that is not filled with "professionals". You are just as gifted as they are, I can't wait to watch you strut your stuff on Food network Challenge! GO FOR IT! We'll be rooting for you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%