Cupcake Wrappers Or Cups??

Decorating By Buttercream_warrior Updated 13 Dec 2010 , 12:53am by c-cakes

Buttercream_warrior Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 9:26pm
post #1 of 5

ok ive seen alot of cupcakes with the paper cups in stead of the cupcake liners..the paper cups are the ones that ppl use to put nuts in at partys..is this actually better?? i noticed when i use the wrappers they lose color and somtimes seem oily. icon_cry.gif .am i doing somthing wrong?? or is there a special one i should order??

4 replies
brincess_b Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 5

some cases are better than others. a lot of them just dont keep their colours, try a different brand. (might also be your cake is an oily sort of one)
you can use the nut cups, but pretty sure they only come in white.
xx

Apti Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 5

There are a couple of forums about cupcake liners losing their color. Basically, if you want your liners NOT to be greasy and to actually show the design, buy Reynolds or a brand that is grease-resistant or metallic.

I got some white grease-resistant liners at Smart and Final and boy, the difference is amazing. If I ever want pretty liners, I'll just have to suck it up and pay the Reyonds prices.

Buttercream_warrior Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 12:26am
post #4 of 5

thanks for yalls help!! i will have to try to find some grease resistant liners !

c-cakes Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 12:53am
post #5 of 5

I double up on the liners if it's a nice design I want to show. Not as expensive as those wrappers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%