Cake Balls!

Baking By nicoles0305 Updated 12 Dec 2010 , 9:01pm by LaurenLuLu

nicoles0305 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles0305 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 4

What is the trick to making them taste good?

I've tried them in the past and they came out not necessarily tasting bad, but not exactly the texture I was expecting. Is there a trick to them that I don't know? I mixed frosting with the leftover scraps from my cakes. The scraps obviously turned to crumbs and the resulting texture I found to be disgusting!

Help please? I would love to make some of these that actually taste good!

3 replies
LogansMommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LogansMommie Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 4

You have to be careful not to add too much frosting or your end result will pretty much taste like raw doughy cake. Sometimes my cake is moist enough that I don't need frosting. Some others on here have said they just use a small amount of flavored creamer.

If you do end up needing something to bind it with - I would use the smallest amount of frosting possible just to bind it together. The cake "truffles" I made are always the hit of every event! icon_smile.gif

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 4

There is a thread on here about rebaking the balls before dipping them in chocolate, give that a try with a couple of testers. Ill try and find the thread but in the mean time you can experiment with temp and time. HTH

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 4

I agree, VERY little frosting or else they will be pasty mushy gross. You can also make them easily out of brownies because they're so moist. I said moist!! Hate that word.. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%