Cake Balls!

Baking By nicoles0305 Updated 12 Dec 2010 , 9:01pm by LaurenLuLu

nicoles0305 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 4

What is the trick to making them taste good?

I've tried them in the past and they came out not necessarily tasting bad, but not exactly the texture I was expecting. Is there a trick to them that I don't know? I mixed frosting with the leftover scraps from my cakes. The scraps obviously turned to crumbs and the resulting texture I found to be disgusting!

Help please? I would love to make some of these that actually taste good!

3 replies
LogansMommie Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 4

You have to be careful not to add too much frosting or your end result will pretty much taste like raw doughy cake. Sometimes my cake is moist enough that I don't need frosting. Some others on here have said they just use a small amount of flavored creamer.

If you do end up needing something to bind it with - I would use the smallest amount of frosting possible just to bind it together. The cake "truffles" I made are always the hit of every event! icon_smile.gif

LisaPeps Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 4

There is a thread on here about rebaking the balls before dipping them in chocolate, give that a try with a couple of testers. Ill try and find the thread but in the mean time you can experiment with temp and time. HTH

LaurenLuLu Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 4

I agree, VERY little frosting or else they will be pasty mushy gross. You can also make them easily out of brownies because they're so moist. I said moist!! Hate that word.. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%