Smbc Recipe Recommendations, Anyone?

Baking By cakegirl1973 Updated 12 Dec 2010 , 10:18am by cakegirl1973

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 5:42am
post #1 of 6

Hello! I love the texture of SMBC and have tried several recipes, including some on this site. I am having problems finding a good tasting vanilla recipe. The recipes that I have tried either taste like I am eating a stick of butter or have so much pure vanilla (to get that yummy vanilla taste that I am looking for) that there is an aftertaste, even when I use pure vanilla. Does anyone have an awesome SMBC recipe or can you point me to one? TIA! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
hvanaalst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hvanaalst Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 6:04am
post #2 of 6

I would try using either vanilla bean in the recipe or french vanilla creamer as flavoring. I have used both and liked both. I used that on top of the regular amount of vanilla the recipe calls for.

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 6:07am
post #3 of 6

I don't know if you've tried it yet, but my favourite SMBC recipe is on this site. It's called something like "the well dressed swiss meringue buttercream" or something similar. It doesn't have a buttery taste and has a great vanilla flavour.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 6:13am
post #4 of 6
Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 7:13am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmarks0

I don't know if you've tried it yet, but my favourite SMBC recipe is on this site. It's called something like "the well dressed swiss meringue buttercream" or something similar. It doesn't have a buttery taste and has a great vanilla flavour.

I too use the "well dressed cake smbc" from this site. I really like it and that is my standard bc...I have made a strawberry smbc using pureed strawberries...OMG...soooo good!!

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 10:18am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%