Wrapping A Cake In Cellophane??

Decorating By CakelynsFinest Updated 12 Dec 2010 , 5:16pm by steffiessweet_sin_sations

CakelynsFinest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakelynsFinest Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 5:14am
post #1 of 5

I want to make mini tiered Christmas cakes for gifts, but do not have any boxes to put them in. It will be a mini 3 tiered cake. I have a picture of them in my gallery. Now, can I wrap it in cellophane with a bow? Will that affect the fondant? If you look at the pic in my gallery I want to do the cake with the painted red vines. Am I right to think that this will be affected too? I need this cake for Tuesday so any help will be appreciated!

4 replies
steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 6:24am
post #2 of 5

i would think that as long as its not air tight it should be fine. just loosely wrap it. btw, the cakes and ornaments are beautiful! how do u get your ornament soooo smooth! i keep trying but mine are still lumpy!!

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 6:35am
post #3 of 5

I agree, if wrapped loosely, they should be fine. Great work!

CakelynsFinest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakelynsFinest Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 12:27pm
post #4 of 5

Oh, thank you! I was just afraid of the fondant becoming sticky and the painted decorations running.

I froze the cakes, trimmed them a bit and used Toba Garrett's cake spackle. It's just a mixture of cake crumbs and frosting. I think it's like a 3:1 ratio. You want to get it like a paste. I stuck the halves together with buttercream, fixed any problems areas with the spackle and then refrigerated it. I iced it in buttercream then covered in fondant. I would not have been able to to get it like that without the spackle!

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 5:16pm
post #5 of 5

ok, making some more today will try the spackle thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%