Startup Costs In Georgia?

Business By SugarNSpiceDiva Updated 12 Dec 2010 , 7:18pm by CWR41

SugarNSpiceDiva Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 12:14am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone icon_smile.gif

My family is planning on moving soon to Georgia. DH is in the military, and already lives over there, but me and the kids live in Cali, and are going to be moving with him in a few months.

I am going to be looking into renting a licensed kitchen when we get there. DH has been showing my work to all his friends, and by word of mouth, I seem to already have a little bit of a following there.

I was wondering if anyone had an idea of a rough estimate of the startup costs would be? We plan on saving back what would need from our taxes. I'm sure we wouldn't have enough for a storefront, and I'm not sure we'd be able to keep it going while I try to build a big enough clientele. So we are just going to start with a licensed kitchen and go from there. I already have a website through Vistaprint that we pay for monthly, and normally I get all my printed products through them.

But I guess what I'm looking for is an estimate of what it would cost to secure the kitchen, insurance, inspections, business license and everything I need to get the ball rolling in Georgia.

Also, does anyone know of where I can get my hands on an example of a business plan specialized for this industry? Most business plans are for other non related industries. I have books, and I've read on the internet, but I'm sort of confused, because most of the stuff I've read is geared towards getting loans and such. Getting a loan is not an option for me right now, plus I'd rather start off debt-free. So I really just need the business plan for me, not for any investors.

Sorry if this is a lot of questions. I appreciate any help/advice anyone has to offer. icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
CWR41 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 1:02am
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarNSpiceDiva

Also, does anyone know of where I can get my hands on an example of a business plan specialized for this industry?

There's a lot of great free info and samples for writing business plans. Here's a few helpful sites.

Business Resource Software, Inc. (businessplans.org)
Entrepreneur.com
Palo Alto Software, Inc. (bplans.com)

cakeandpartygirl Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 2:14pm
post #3 of 6

I sent you a pm

CWR41 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeandpartygirl

I sent you a pm

From my experience, the PM function has been working just fine but I haven't received a PM from you. You might try posting your question here for multiple replies, or try it again.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

Quote:

I sent you a pm

From my experience, the PM function has been working just fine but I haven't received a PM from you. You might try posting your question here for multiple replies, or try it again.

I meant that I sent a pm to the original poster.

CWR41 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:

I meant that I sent a pm to the original poster.

Sorry... I only noticed the similar yellow avatar and thought you were the OP!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%