Where Is Everyone Getting The Clear Globes For Cakes??

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 13 Dec 2010 , 4:31pm by Buttercream_warrior

jenscreativity Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 7:13pm
post #1 of 6

I AM SEEING MORE AND MORE CLEAR GLOBES FOR CAKE, POSSIBLY PLASTIC, BUT NO ONE IS TELLING ME WHERE THEY FIND THEM..I WANTED TO DO A CHRISTMAS MUSICAL BOX WITH THE DOME BOWL ON TOP. PLEASE LET ME KNOW BECAUSE MICHEALS DON'T CARRY THEM.

THANKS
JENIFER

5 replies
cakeandpartygirl Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 6

they are getting them from the round bottled coca cola soda that they have during the Christmas season!!! I have seen them at wally world I mean walmart.

mandymakescakes Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 6

I've never seen the coke bottles, but I'm guessing they're the one being used for cupcakes? Smart idea! The bigger domes/bowls could be fish bowls, or simply clear glass bowls used for candles or potpourri or floral arrangements. They can be found at pet supply stores, TJ Maxx & More or Homegoods, Target, Walmart, etc. Check out the floral aisles at Michael's or Joann's... you're bound to find something there.

HTH, Good luck!

Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 6:53pm
post #4 of 6

They are round Christmas coke bottles. Here is bakerella's site where she shows how to cut them.
http://www.bakerella.com/snow-globe-coca-cola-cupcakes/

jenscreativity Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 4:15pm
post #5 of 6

that's awesome info! Thanks everyone! Merry Christmas!

Buttercream_warrior Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 6

oh wow..i just saw thse at walmart this morning..ive been trying to think of an idea for a cake for my familys gathering for christmas..thanks for inspiring me!! on my way back to walmart now..lol!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%