Filling???

Baking By mareg Updated 27 Dec 2010 , 3:39pm by Cheriepie

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 8

When is the best time to fill upcakes? Completly cool? Still warm? I have never done it before and just trying it out. Thanks!

7 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 8

I think cool. And I use a Bismark tip to do it.

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you!

MelissaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaMay Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 4:52am
post #4 of 8

is that the long tip? How do you do it. from top or bottom? WHat is the best filling to use? Thanks!

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 5:10am
post #5 of 8

the cupcakes have to be cool or else the filling will melt/deflate/etc.

and i use a variety of tips (mainly whatever's clean), and sometimes i just use ziploc bags with the tip snipped off (believe it or not, the force of the filling in the tip of the bag will poke right into the cupcake!). you want to poke in the top center and push the filling in until you feel it start to give back (if that makes sense). if you had to poke through the bottom, you'd have to remove the wrapper.

MelissaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaMay Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 5:43am
post #6 of 8

icon_lol.gif hahaha the bottom....i didn't really think that one through hahahah
thanks a bunch

JudyDP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JudyDP Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 5:50am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpAt2am

the cupcakes have to be cool or else the filling will melt/deflate/etc.

and i use a variety of tips (mainly whatever's clean), and sometimes i just use ziploc bags with the tip snipped off (believe it or not, the force of the filling in the tip of the bag will poke right into the cupcake!). you want to poke in the top center and push the filling in until you feel it start to give back (if that makes sense). if you had to poke through the bottom, you'd have to remove the wrapper.

Thank You

Cheriepie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cheriepie Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 3:39pm
post #8 of 8

I always cool the cupcakes. You never know how the heat can affect the ingredients. You don't want them to seperate inside and have people say, "what is that"? icon_sad.gif I also ust the Bismark tip. It is a specialty tip #230.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%